Options

CCNA Monday

nmilotnmilot Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Taking the CCNA on Monday, just want to get a couple things straight. I've seem some similar questions posted recently, but can't seem to find them now.

1) I should assume subnet-zero cannot be used, correct?

2) The sims..... if you enter an invalid command, will it just accept it and end up marking it wrong, or will it actually tell you invalid command, similar to an actual router or switch.

I've really got to nail down configuring ISDN and frame relay. Anyone run into any sims where you actually have to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    1. The question will indicate in some way (sometimes explicitely)whether you can use it or not.

2. The router sims are fairly smart. It won't accept commands with an incorrect syntax just like a real router does.
    Read the following topics and the links in it for more information:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268

3. Discussing the content of sims is not allowed. Just focus on the 'Configure' topics listed in the exam objectives.

Good luck on Monday!
  • Options
    mwillmwill Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "1) I should assume subnet-zero cannot be used, correct?"

--Incorrect- If subnet-zero will be used the question will phrase it so. "Subnet-Zero is supported" or something in that regards. I did have questions were subnet-zero was used.

"2) The sims..... if you enter an invalid command, will it just accept it and end up marking it wrong, or will it actually tell you invalid command, similar to an actual router or switch."

--If you configure the router or switch incorrectly its just like a real switch, if its a vaild command it will accept it. But if you did it wrong, ofcourse the sim wont work and if you dont correct it before you contiune you will get the sim wrong.

Hope this answers your questions!
    Marcus Williamson
  • Options
    EricOEricO Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Be prepared to look at configuration examples for both frame relay and ISDN to diagnose problems. :D
  • Options
    nmilotnmilot Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback. The exam ended up being cancelled today due to yesterday's snowstorm. I need to reschedule tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Good luck and let us know how it goes...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA