Options

how is the exam ?

OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
I'm taking the exam tomorrow and i want to know if i have to keep an eye on some things, so that i don't make mistakes .

Can i go back when i made a choice ? (previous - next) Or can this only be done by setting a mark or something ?
Do i get to see what i did wrong at the end of the exam ?

Are the examquestions misleading or straight forward ?
Are the exam questions simular like the practice test from Transcender, this site ?

Any other things i should keep in mind ?

thanx in advance

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Can i go back when i made a choice ? (previous - next) Or can this only be done by setting a mark or something ?
    I actually don't know how this works on the current Network+ exam, but 'if' you can go back, you can mark them as well. I hope someone else who recently has taken this exam can fill you in on this one.
    Do i get to see what i did wrong at the end of the exam ?
    No.
    Are the examquestions misleading or straight forward ?
    Compared to Microsoft and Cisco, CompTIA questions are generally straightforward, but you can get a couple of tricky and ambigious questions even. My advice on this is to keep it basic, don't overthink the scenario.
    Are the exam questions simular like the practice test from Transcender, this site ?
    Transcender usually does a good job to mimic the actual exam style. Our questions are a bit shorter, don't contain the fluff. However, all these, including the actual exam, come down to one simple question. There are really not that many topics in the Network+ exam, and if you know the answer to a questions (from whatever practice test provider) you'll likely be able to answer any variations of that question as well.
    Any other things i should keep in mind ?
    Use the official exam objectives from the CompTIA site as your main guide. Make sure you read my TechNotes on those topcis. And don't hesitate to post your questions if you need help with a technology or concept. Also, don't underestimate nor overestimate this exam, you need to know your stuff, but it's one of the easier cert exams so if you are well prepared, don't worry about the questions or actual exam engine.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Just finished reading through your notes, very informative, i knew about everything that was in there...well i got some more detailed information on some small topics...but these are very handy.

thanx for the reply!
    I think i am ready , now i don't hope that i will make stupid mistakes tomorrow because i am too nervous. But i'm gonna take full advantage of the time and do it easy. Gonna read the questions a couple of times etc.

Don't hope i get to many questions on whats the exact speed of OC-48 etc.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I just took the test and passed....

I found a good number to be misleading but most were straightforward.

Yes you can go back to a previous answer.

From reading my book (Sybex) they seemed to concentrate OC-1 and )C-3 the most.... My guess would be that they don't expect you to know past that but I'm not certain of that.

Best advice I can give is to read each question all the way through and maybe read it again if you didnt understand 100% what they were asking you.

Double check your answer (even though you can go back) before going forward.
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    they seemed to concentrate OC-1 and )C-3 the most

OC-1 and C-3 ???
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • Options
    OC-1 till OC-192 or something.
    All optical carrier standards.

Greetz
  • Options
    Thanks, I missed those somehow, I think I am going to wait another week for the test. I have found a couple items now that i didn't have notes for. DOH, I am missing p20 of my notes, guess that explains it.

Thanks for the help, i will never give up, just wait a little longer before taking the test though...

thanks
  • Options
    cairtaker wrote:
    they seemed to concentrate OC-1 and )C-3 the most

OC-1 and C-3 ???

Ooops typo.... OC-3
  • Options
    Stryker06Stryker06 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So are there a lot of OC questions? I heard it's also acronym heavy?, should I be studying hard out on all the acronyms?
  • Options
    I don't think that OC is focused on a whole lot... At least from all my reading it wasnt.

You should be fine knowing OC-1 through OC-3.

As far as acronyms go... I would say you should know them.

One practice tests I took early on in my study used APIPA in the question... At the time I didnt know what it was so it made it difficult to answer the question...
  • Options
    You should be fine knowing OC-1 through OC-3.

As far as acronyms go... I would say you should know them.

One practice tests I took early on in my study used APIPA in the question... At the time I didnt know what it was so it made it difficult to answer the question...

Don't want to appear stupid but I don't know what these 2 terms are referring to...

A little help please..

Also when I was looking at the OC-1, OC-3 etc. :

It seems that when multiplied, each sequential number up for the multiplier (1,2,3) makes it lose .01 on the result. What is the reason for this?

Thanks for all the help. PUSH PUSH PUSH STUDY STUDY STUDY
    Never give up, never say die, I'm coming to finish my certs...
  • Options
    APIPA - Automatic Private IP Addressing
    like 169.254.XXX.XXX

Could occur if DHCP is down or there are other connection issues.

Don't know about your OC question

I think (will ook this up later) that OC-1 is 51.84Mb and OC-3 is 155.52Mb.
    Some resources I've seen actually state that OC-1 is 52Mb and OC-3 is 155Mb...

I think as you move up you just multiply.... OC-12 = 51.84x12=622.08

I hope I am explaining this clearly.
  • Options
    I live in a remote area. I have been working part time doing my own
    tech work and web site building. But, theres not enough demand to quit my regular job. After doing both for the last 8 years I want to work 1 job, and I want that to be in the IT field for someone else with benefits such as insurance. (A must for a family man) I stll work my day job from 3am to 2pm and saturdays. I want an indoor job, with AC, Heat, and no back breaking work. So what am I saying, I want to work one job and I like IT. AFter the long days I put in between 2 jobs all week, I have to motivate myself, talk to myself and push myself whether I'm tired or not. So I push push push...First I did my Masters in IT and Business and now certifications. The whole time I still do IT work on the side.
    I'm afraid If I take a break, I won't start again....
  • Options
    You will be fine, just don't lose determination.
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, everyone needs it now and then...
  • Options
    this Link
    is a great sites for translating acronyms

good luck[/url]
  • Options
    Niiiiiiiice one....

thanks,
    cheers,

Dan
  • Options
    What is the score that you must get to pass? how much would that be percentage wise?
  • Options
    OC is not focused on too greatly for Network+. You may see a question on SDH/SONET and a question on the OC media type. Not too much more.
  • Options
    Stryker06 wrote:
    What is the score that you must get to pass? how much would that be percentage wise?

554 to pass on a scale of 100 to 900.

They are really not percentage based.... I've read taht it is like 72% even though the scale doesnt represent that.
  • Options
    Okay thanks, doesn't sound too bad icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, the big day has arrived. Trying to stay as calm as possible. I usually get so nervous.
    Just gonna try and relax, go over some brief notes in the bus. Make sure I don't take them in the exam room :) then it's Do or Die icon_cry.gificon_twisted.gif
    Cheers guys, the prep exams were very helpful icon_cool.gif