Options

Health Insurance costs in North Carolina

BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
Guys, if what I seeing is correct health insurance premiums are outrageous in the state. Granted I'm looking at the state plans because my wife would be teaching. We pay about 215 a month total for our whole family for great coverage, looks like similar in NC would be between 600-700..

Are insurance premiums from private employers any better?
Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005

Comments

• Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    It all depends on the company and how much of the price they are willing to subsidize. My companies insurance is around $1200 for the family due to having an aging workforce and being relatively small.

I purchased a private plan that's unbelievable for $650 a month. You just have to search around a bit.
  • Options
    xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    I work for another state I won't mention, but I'm only paying about $250 a month for coverage, including basic dental and vision.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I pay $450 a month and there are buckets thus each time I hit a salary bucket my portion goes up. Right now I pay 22% of my health care costs, albeit I do have the Cadillac of plans.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a individual plan and pay around $350 for a plan with a $1500 deductible and 100/0 Coinsurance

The plan used to cost $180 and my deductible used to be $1000
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I really hope the salary is on par... and the company cover half of it or something.
    meh
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Me too. Right now thought I just can't see my wife going in for less money with triple the insurance premium.. That won't work no matter which angle you look at it from...Unless people are paying Info Sec Analysts 70k with two years experience....
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005