Options

Subnet question

ArocksArocks Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

If the follwoing subnet mask has been given, so how can I determine the Ip address for the following subnet mask ?

/26
/27
/28
/29
/30
/31
/32

I know, 26=192, 27=224, 28=240, 29=248, 30=252, 31=254, 32=255, but how can I find out the IP addressess for above SUBNET MASK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    i belive this site could help you
    learntosubnet.com
  • Options
    ArocksArocks Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks ghaouf.

I did check that website, but couldnt figure it out..

Any Cisco Guru can help me ?
  • Options
    kokonaingkokonaing Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why don't u check at Odom's IP Subnetting Chapter? That book can easily clarify the subnetting problems for you icon_idea.gif
    Be proud of being a Karen and May God bless Karens...
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You have listed 7 different subnet masks, and you haven't provide a network address, so it is simply impossible to determine anything... icon_wink.gif

Judging the content of the questions you ask about subnetting it seems that you are missing some basic information. I think you want to cover the basics of IP addressing first...

We are still working on our subnetting TechNote for the CCNA exam, but I really recommend you try to figure out www.learntosubnet.com, it will cover the basics and the advanced knowledge that is essential for the CCNA exam.
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    this might also help.
    i do not know much about ccna subnetting so i am tring my best

http://www.mcsefreak.com/subnetting.htm
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you study with Guide book or just exam cram and those free dl exam notes?

There are huge different between them - ONLY on the explanation and understanding the concept.

I highly recommend for study guide, as they said before. There a chapter dedicated for subnet...
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn