Options

Help With CCNA Security Please

mj8mj4mj8mj4 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone

I just passed my CCNA icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif and wanna start with CCNA Security so bad , could you guys help to start with which book I should buy ?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide

by Barker, Keith

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CBT Nuggets I would also recommend adding to your study material as an option. I have some resources such as study guides I am using in combination with CBT Nuggets and the CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide book. Feel free to send me a message and good luck!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    thank you guys alot I did order the book ,,,BUT I dont see CCNA Security 640-554 in cbt Nuggets ....just for the other guy and seems few Videos ???????
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here is the link to CBT Nuggets training videos:

https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-training/cisco-ccnp-security-640-554

Hope this helps!! :)

It's supplemental to help reinforce concepts. I myself like to use multiple resources when preparing for certfication exams or tests in general. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    got u ...thanks a lot
  • Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Udemy has a great set of training videos by Chris Bryant... they usually do monthly sales at or around 15 dollars for the course.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed 2+ years ago using the following:

- CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide by Barker & Morris
    - CBT Nuggets by Barker
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    great ,...got the book . thanks a lot guys
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get familiar with CCP, either by a) using a cisco router b) set up GNS3 with CCP look for a video on youtube on how to do that c) you can also use a cisco L3 capable switch but some functionality will be limited
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    SHukran Edificer ​ ,,,working on it ,.....
  • Options
    HelatrobusHelatrobus Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just flunked the CCNA Security exam. I assure you, CBT nuggets and the Boson exam do NOT cover the material needed for this test. Cisco just changed the test apparently and I estimate at least 50% of the test coverage is on stuff not in those materials.

So I have to get more intense about studying some of the hardwares I could not buy (I bought a 871W router and a Catalyst switch for my studies) but apparently I need an ASA and ACS or an emulator which brings up the next topic:

I'm running GNS3 under Virtual Box under Ubuntu. I am running CCP on my windows machine on the same LAN. I want to use CCP to configure routers running on the GNS3 but how can I map ports into the GNS3 box from the external LAN? All that is available are 2501 and 2101 for "console". I need HTTP, HTTPS, telnet and SSH. And how do I make interfaces on the router visible to the outside LAN? What addresses do I use?
  • Options
    HawaiiwaterboyHawaiiwaterboy Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cancel CCNA Security Exam! Wait until new material comes out. I just failed test, the subjects of Cisco Security Manager and FlexConfig are specifically covered in the test but CSM is only mentioned by name in the CISCO official Certification Guide. Also, FlexConfig is in the test, but not mentioned once in the official cert guide!

I have opened a case for a refund from cisco on the test. $250.00 !!

I am studying to take it again in July, but I recommend waiting for everyone until new study materials are delivered from cisco.
    That being said, I did love the CBT nuggets and Cisco Official Cert Guide, both were great, just will not prepare you for this test as of June 1 2015!
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I took and passed the exam in May and used CBT Nuggets and the OCG. Both were fine for prep but realize it's a difficult exam to pass in general. Most seem to take it a couple times.
  • Options
    Congrats TechGuru80!
    The test has changed as of June 1, 2015. New material in the test.
    Heavy ASA firewall, Cisco Security Manager.
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just passing this along.

KeithBarkerCCIE cwc5 days ago The CCNA Security course at CBT Nuggets is based on the blueprint for Cisco's CCNA Security for exam 640-554. This course and blueprint were released about 3 years ago. It has been reported (by several) that Cisco has introduced new content on the exams as of June 1, 2015, but there has been no official word (as of today June 26, 2015) of any new blueprint or content change. My guess (personal opinion, correct or incorrect) is that Cisco will be coming out with a new CCNA Security certification blueprint in the near future, with some new topics, and they decided to beta test some of those new topics in the current certification exam. They may or may not even be grading those "new" questions in the current exam. These are my hunches/guesses only.

“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Interesting Hondabuff. That may explain what the deal is with INE and the constant delays with their course. They had it scheduled for May release and then bumped it to "Summer 2015".
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Makes me so happy I kept going till I passed haha. More than likely they were just trial questions as stated. That way if a bunch of people know the material it must be relevant for the level.
  • Options
    Passed CCNA Security Friday. Studied addition ASA configs and CSM. Also practiced CCP on a cisco 877w router I bought used on eBay

These definitely helped. Lots of new material on the test that is not covered in the 554 book. Just be aware of that.
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cancel CCNA Security Exam! Wait until new material comes out. I just failed test, the subjects of Cisco Security Manager and FlexConfig are specifically covered in the test but CSM is only mentioned by name in the CISCO official Certification Guide. Also, FlexConfig is in the test, but not mentioned once in the official cert guide!

I have opened a case for a refund from cisco on the test. $250.00 !!

I am studying to take it again in July, but I recommend waiting for everyone until new study materials are delivered from cisco.
    That being said, I did love the CBT nuggets and Cisco Official Cert Guide, both were great, just will not prepare you for this test as of June 1 2015!

Were you able to get a refund for that? I encounter that same CSM and ASA stuff. I thought at first I was taking wrong test.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    Unfortunately Cisco reviewed by case and stated that a section in the official cert guide shows additional material to study. For that reason they did not change my situation in any way. Oh well. The test on Friday went smooth and passed. Just stinks to pay 250.00 more for a cert I studied so hard for.