Options

Resumes: Objective or Summary?...

I've seen proponents of both sides of this, but specifically for IT what do you guys say....Ojective or Summary? Those of you who own your own business or those in a hiring position with a company, which do you like to see?

I currently have an Objective section, but I think I want to switch to a Summary section in order to list some of the applications I'm familiar with like VMware, Ghost, VNC, etc. that is not currently listed elsewhere on my resume.
"Me fail English? That's unpossible."

Comments

• Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Go Bucks,
    I just asked that similiar question a few weeks ago. The link is below. You can have an objective if your going for a specific job. But after getting opinions on here and my advisor at school, plus from looking at other peoples resumes, I made the decision to leave the objective left out and start with the summary or your education. If you have many years of experience and schooling an objective and summary can be skipped altogher with. I was told so many employers disregaurd reading the objective and summary because there all just about identical with each other...hardworking...responsible...etc.
    Hope this helps, heres the link -
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12201
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    HHHTheGameHHHTheGame Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The way I had a consulting company have me do it was this....

Network Administrator (in bold) with 8 years of experience in .........