ISSEP Resources

josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
Trying to help a friend out. He's looking to take the exam for a promotion , but hasnt found much at all for studying. In searching the forums I didn't see much either. Can anyone who's passéd or studied recommend anything?

Comments

• mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    There is not very much. Be sure to download and become VERY familiar with IATF chapter 3 (and I mean very!). Also download and go through all of the NIST documents listed in the CBK. Just go through the CBK and download and study the various docs. The official guide book is old and dated although some of it still applies. The C&A section is outdated (DITSCAP isn't on the exam anymore.) Make sure you know the Risk Management Framework (RMF), DIACAP, NIACAP. There's docs out there that go all through that. Memorize the policies/regulations listed in the CBK (executive orders, OMB circulars, etc). That domain is a flash card domain and is purely memorizing. The technical project management section in the official guide book probably still applies. Hope that helps.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
    A few that have passed, myself included, have already posted on all the study material needed. A simple "ISSEP' search should do it.
    2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I looked. Found one thread mostly stating what wasn't any good lol. I'll look again.

Thanks for the insight mog
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nm. Saw your crazy thorough breakdown. Thanks. Do you still have the flashcards
  • dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
    I handed ownership over to someone else in the class. If you search for ISSEP you should see mine listed under my username.
    2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security