Options

How active are you in your life? -- Do you work out or train?

Comments

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Deathimage 220lbs at 8% thats beast mode. I'm 238lb at 17% at 6'0 as well. I'm aiming for 215lb around 10-12% BF. I'm working to get chiseled not skinny. The way I see it whats the point in putting all that time in the gym just to look average. I started to get asked last week or so the "how much do you bench question" while its obnoxious I take it as I'm looking beastly again.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Deathmage wrote: »
    I went from 27.6 BFI in August 2014 to now just a little over 10.2 BFI but I went from a weight of 175.5 lbs to now weighing 218 lbs. I'm 6'0 exactly.

My goal is 8% BFI @ 220~ lbs.
    That would be alot of muscle! I'm shooting for a like 195-200 and a low BFI and I'm 6'2.

Deathmage wants to become FinalBossDeathMage
    meh
  • Options
    kurosaki00 wrote: »

LMAO! My boss was in the next workstation had to hold in my laugh.
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I compete in the Physique Category. I train with a hybrid of both powerlifting and bodybuilding techniques. Here are pictures of my last show for those who are interested:

2014 NPC All South Championships - Album on Imgur
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I exercise Monday - Thursday and again on Saturday for 45 minutes. Target a different muscle group each day and focus on my worst performing exercise from each day on Saturday. I also throw in a 2 mile run before each workout.

Used to weigh 210lbs back in January of 2014. I'm now at 180lbs.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    @alif I'm working to get at your level. What are your stats? height/weight/bf%
  • Options
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: Onstage at last competition 169lbs. Current weight is back down to 169 after a few bulk cycles and a 2 month cut, but I'm leaner now than I was for my last competition.
    BF: No clue because I consider fat calipers and bioelectric impedance to be inaccurate. But, if I had to give an answer based on calipers, 6-7%.
    Current 1RMs: Bench-295lbs, Squat-355lbs, Deadlift-465lbs

I'll be switching to strictly a powerlifting routine (with some high volume training to retain size) by the end of summer. I've been looking at routines, but am still not sure which one I'll be doing.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

• Options
    @alif Cool, you are a lot lighter then you look. I remember in highschool I went down to 159lb thinking I look good. I looked at the pictures some time ago and never realized I looked like a skeleton lol.Those are some good 1RM's keep it up and good luck on stage. I used to train with a few dudes who had there pro card for the NPC. I know when competing its a whole different lifestyle.
  • Options
    Yeah, I noticed that when I'm leaner it gives the illusion that I'm actually big, lol.

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I work out usually 4 times a week. Shoot for every other day at least.

I walk every lunch if weather permitting for 3 - 4 miles. (usually the lake front and back) and do calisthenics at home. Pushups, Pullups, Situps, Squats, Pistol Squats, Planches, etc. <- This has gotten me the best results yet vs any workout ive done off a DvD
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I get to throw ~50lbs kids at the pool 3x a week. Pretty good workout.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I run pretty much everyday, sometimes for a hour sometimes for two depending on how powered up I am feeling. If I don't do it after a few days I feel terrible mentally. I have a pretty athletic body, the running like a madman is paying off have dropped two trousers sizes and have abs coming through :)
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    @Philz I know you are doing your p90x workout but after the first round I highly recommend you try shortcut to shred thats on bodybuilding.com it helped me drop 18lbs in 6 weeks. For others depending on there starting point dropped between 70lb - 15lbs doing that program.

Thanks for the advice and I will look into it. What is the time commitment. I like the P90x3 cause I can knock it out in 30 mins which works well with my life right now. Also can it be done at home with limited weights?
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    kurosaki00 wrote: »

Let's not start spouting names now.... I don't play World of Warcraft that much, anymore. But I did play a Frost Mage in WoTLK and pawned DK's all day long in Recount. ...Now I heal on Uldaman with 'Kodiác' Resto Druid (alt 0225) icon_wink.gif

I want to get bulky and big but healthy and tone. I hate people seeing me as a goofy/quirky weakling nerd boy. Let's face it most IT people are 'unique'.

So I kind of want to be seen in a different light, plus I used to do it to get noticed by women but now I do it casue I feel healthier and can do some much stuff with ease.... IE, I lifted and racked a Equalogic 6500S by myself and balanced it with one hand while I place it on those 3U rail-mounts that can be a ***** to do solo if your weak....
  • Options
    5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hit the gym hard about 4-5 days a week. I do it for my own personal health and stress reduction - it's just me vs. the weights. People expect the security guy to be, as Deathmage said, the 'goofy/quirtky weakling nerd boy' - I'm just doing my part in breaking that predisposition :)
  • Options
    @philz Its actually a program meant to be done at the gym but I'm sure you can improvise using bands for certain movements. Not sure if you will get the same results though. Hmmm..you said you were doing the p90x3 I personally don't have experience with that one but have you tried out the original p90x series? I know from experience it'll whip you into shape.

The one thing I've added into all of my routines taken from the shortcut to shred program is adding cardio between sets coined "cardioacceleration". So its no real break just set/cardios/set/cardio/etc..look up the shortcut to shred program to get the details on it. I say try p90x and add cardioacceleration to it and you'll be looking great in 12 weeks.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That would be alot of muscle! I'm shooting for a like 195-200 and a low BFI and I'm 6'2.
    VERY few people could achieve that BF and maintain it without steroids..
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    xnx wrote: »
    VERY few people could achieve that BF and maintain it without steroids..

I didn't say a number though... icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Also, I'm naturally skinny (thank you high metabolism!) and actually would have to eat ALOT to hit 200 if I'm working out alot
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Before the school closed down I use to train BJJ 4-5 times a week (Gi and No-Gi) and play Rugby regularly.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I train at the gym and at home. I do it for my own personal health and stress reduction. I love building muscle and getting stronger... Once I get done with school I want to do it at even higher intensity levels.. ;)

I do cardio, weights, and mixed martial arts training (boxing, karate, Muay Thai, etc..) Weight training is great always been an athletic person with a background as a runner in track and cross country.. I take lots of supplements in combination with a clean diet of protein, carbs, healthy fats etc..

I train 4-5 days a week some weeks it's 6 days/week.. Fitness is a lifestyle for me as I value my life and the body I have...

Most importantly above all I respect the Lord:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 -

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

@Deathmage: We could have been workout buddies lol.. if you were closer ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    cyclekingcycleking Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm a competitive bike racer at the local level, that keeps me fit and kinda is my thinking chair as well, I do a ton of thinking on the bike clears my head out and is an awesome stress reducer. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Recently moved to a new role where I work from home, I use that to wake up early everyday and run or do different exercises like suspension workout (TRX). at least 4-5 times a week.
  • Options
    TylerBarrettTylerBarrett Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Over the last 3 years since college graduation I've been working 3 jobs trying to pay down student debt. It may be an excuse but all the time I don't spend working is sleeping or studying for certifications or maintaining the house etc. Down to my main job as of Monday next week and I have a membership at the gym closest to my house, going to be starting to go right after work. Also there is summer and witner hockey in my town that I generally play once or twice a week.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Run 1 day a week.
    Mountain bike 2-3 days a week.
    Lifting 2-3 days a week.
    Try to take two 15 minute walks for break every work day.
    Take a nice walk up a really steep tree lined neighborhood over lunch 2 days a week.

Also heavily cut down on sweets and other junk food. Severely limiting my beer intake from once or twice a week to once or twice a month. I'm getting old and don't want stupid avoidable health problems. Also in IT I see a lot of guys with bad posture, fat guts, and skinny arms. I'm scared of looking like that. It kinda disgusts me when IT people fall into the stereotype of being l33t g@m3rz munching on Cheetos and gulping down mountain dew. I love video games too but that's for after I do my fun stuff.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cycleking wrote: »
    I'm a competitive bike racer at the local level, that keeps me fit and kinda is my thinking chair as well, I do a ton of thinking on the bike clears my head out and is an awesome stress reducer. Just my two cents.

I've posted this before but I see a lot of people in IT that like to cycle. Past couple of jobs I had other IT dudes to bike commute to work with. Right now we have a group of guys who go hit some of the singletrack around the office on lunchbreaks. Aside from that group at work there's a bunch of guys with parking roadbikes in their cubes and offices ready for a lunchtime road ride too.
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with the dude who said about respecting your body, I keep a journal every single day of stuff I am doing, I write down stuff I am grateful stuff or achievements doesn't matter how big they are could be going outside walking to shops.

Any of you guys participated in nofap? alot of people say it's a placebo effect I disagree 1-2 weeks without masturbation watching **** and I feel like a different person, More grounded, More stronger confidence goes off the radar.
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Crossfit 3x a week and play soccer with my 2.5 year old every once in a while which really only consists of kicking the ball, walking to it, for probably a total of a mile

I do want to get a bike next week. I bought this sweet little trailer my daughter can sit in that attaches to the bike. I live right next to a 5 mile trail I can take her on. Got it for $20 from someone at work.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Glad to see many of my TE colleagues involved in fitness and staying in shape... icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I'm very active! More socially active than physically active to be honest.

I found that the best form of exercise is NOT to eat. Just eat less. If you can do with one meal a day you're gold. Maybe two meals tops. Skip that dinner. Eat a salad for lunch. Just adjust to eating smaller portions, your body and digestion system will thank you. You will spend less money on food. We're not designed to eat the large portions that we eat these days!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I'm very active! More socially active than physically active to be honest.

I found that the best form of exercise is NOT to eat. Just eat less. If you can do with one meal a day you're gold. Maybe two meals tops. Skip that dinner. Eat a salad for lunch. Just adjust to eating smaller portions, your body and digestion system will thank you. You will spend less money on food. We're not designed to eat the large portions that we eat these days!

You know what they say.. 6 packs are made in a kitchen not in a gym.