Options

How to Stay Up-to-Date on Technology?

MrPieMan82MrPieMan82 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
What are good sites to stay up to date on industry standards and other things? I'm into network and systems administration, so sites that talk about that stuff would be best.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    All the industry news you need are here at TA :). Also brighttalk.com they have webinars about various IT technologies and topics.
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the site FORCE! I spent ages before trying to find a decent IT webinar site (some sites only have a few videos, nothing decent though).
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I feel my 'well-rounded' aspect of IT has been hugely benefited by this forum and all you lovely people. :)
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Whenever I try to extend to far I begin to lose my focus and the skills that get me paid. Forget that nonsense!
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I also highly recommend a home lab and up-to-date Sybex books. The "Mastering" series is fantastic.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kai123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the site FORCE! I spent ages before trying to find a decent IT webinar site (some sites only have a few videos, nothing decent though).

Yeah BrightTalk is pretty good. I see you have some security and network certs so if you ever go for your CISSP, you can use that site to get CPE's too.