Amazon echo

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
Does anyone have it?
Do you like it?
My friend keeps sending me videos of him asking weird things and I think it's pretty neat.

Amazon Echo - Official site - Request an invitation

Comments

• the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My buddy has it and loves it!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My wife would kill me if I bought it but I really want one. I signed up for the email alert, but I probably wont be selected lol
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also doubles as audio surveillance for the NSA.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    Not getting it. Damn No Such Agency
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got one back in January. For the prime price of $99, it's definitely worth it. I'd have purchased it for the full $199 if I had to. Bluetooth works great, there's Pandora support, weather, you name it. There adding even more apps daily. They just announced IFTTT integration today.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Am I the only one who doesn't like voice-activated stuff? I rather have clicky-clicky-stuff.
    It's all about that seamless interaction, yo.
    I wonder if Spotify will be able to play on it

Is the sound quality decent for music every once in a while? Say, for cleaning to.

Is it smooth or buggy?
    The sound quality is pretty good. The device isn't too buggy. I'd say the voice recognition is on par with Google or iOS. There isn't Spotify support. Seeing as Amazon has their own service like Spotify, I'd think they wouldn't want competition.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Hmm Looks cool but got a soundbar in the living room and can bluetooth with my phone. So don't see much use for it just yet.
    If they are able to sync it with TV providers and do stuff like... "Spying blue Cylinder, what time is game of thrones?" *gives time* "please record and remind me in half an hour". Then in half an hour you hear "SexyBeast, it's time for game of thrones".
    That would be hella cool.
    meh