Any unique ways to physically keep track of school/certification progress?

NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
I remember seeing a few people posting pictures of paper chains they would create where each chain represented a class at WGU they were working on. Whenever they were done with the class they would cut it off the chain as a motivational tool to show progress

Picture of rings
O
/|\
/ \

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's a great tool of motivation!! My motivation is an empty picture frame with a degree I want to put into it. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's a great tool of motivation!! My motivation is an empty picture frame with a degree I want to put into it. ;)
    OMG I love this idea. I need to go out and buy a really nice frame
  • xeruanxeruan Member Posts: 146 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jasiono wrote: »
    OMG I love this idea. I need to go out and buy a really nice frame

One thing to keep in mind is that if you want it to look professional/custom, there isn't a standard for the printed area of the diploma. While you may know the dimensions of the overall size, some diplomas might have extra white space on the top/bottom or the left/right, which can lend itself to the frame matting looking uneven.

*This is advice from my uncle who built and framed both of my BS diplomas, when I asked him if I should go ahead and get a frame made for my MS so that I would be assured of having the exact same frame/matting designs.