Options

220-801 Scheduled

xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
I've never been good at taking exams, but I have to jump that hurdle at some point. I'm consistently getting 80%+ on all the practice exams, and I feel that I know the objectives.

Either way, 220-801 has been scheduled for tomorrow evening. I wanted an earlier slot, but none were available. Words of wisdom are greatly appreciated! icon_thumright.gif
2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+

Comments

• Options
    shrinskshrinsk Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep a clear head going in and be confident - confidence is key. You are showing what you know and can do... so do what is asked of you. Mark/Star the questions you are unsure about and go back later. Go with your gut, but if upon review you see a clear error (we all make mistakes) fix it.
  • Options
    TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes confidence is key. I took the exam on Monday and I failed (623). I am doing some extra studying now in order to pass when I take both 801 & 802 exams tomorrow. Let us know how it went :D
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • Options
    Passed! On to 802!
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    ThreePeakSolutionsThreePeakSolutions Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WELL done xdLucas! How did you find it? I passed 801/802 with an 800 just last week. 802 felt very different
  • Options
    I found it to be more difficult than I had planned. I studied off and on for nearly two months using Professor Messer more than any other tool.

I scored a 795.

Is the 802 more difficult than 801?
  • Options
    I had a number of my classmates pass the 801 test on the first try and failed the 802 test twice. For me the 802 test was a walk in the park they have a number of troubleshooting questions which is my strong suit. Some of the simulations on 802 were tricky so in that case I would say the 802 is more difficult.
  • Options
    TCainnn wrote: »
    I had a number of my classmates pass the 801 test on the first try and failed the 802 test twice. For me the 802 test was a walk in the park they have a number of troubleshooting questions which is my strong suit. Some of the simulations on 802 were tricky so in that case I would say the 802 is more difficult.
    I've taken a bunch of practice exams for 802, and it's pretty easy. Honestly, I have yet to score below an 80% on any of them.
  • Options
    xD Lucas wrote: »
    I've taken a bunch of practice exams for 802, and it's pretty easy. Honestly, I have yet to score below an 80% on any of them.
    I agree that the 802 practice tests are pretty easy. I didn't take that many practice exams for my studying as I would tend to score low on them. I
  • Options
    shortygirlshortygirl Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xD Lucas wrote: »
    Passed! On to 802!
    Congrats! I would second that I found the 802 easier than the 801.
    IT Consultant / Pursuing: AAS in DB Management & Admin (2015-2017)
    CompTIA A+ 801 [ ] 802 [X], Net+ [ ], Proj+ [ ], AXELOS ITIL V3 [X], PMI CAPM [ ]
    Microsoft - MTA 98-364 [X], MCSA 70-461 [ ] 70-462 [ ] 70-463 [ ], MCSE 70-466 [ ] 70-467 [ ]
    Oracle DBA - OCA IZ0-051 [ ] IZO-052 [ ], OCP IZ0-053 [ ]
    Connect with me on Twitter or LinkedIn