Options

I passed! And I'm 15 =D

Mario18ManMario18Man Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yay! I'm officially A+ certified! WOOT!

I go to a technical high school that has a shop devoted to learning materials needed to go become certified. A couple people in my sophomore class are actually A+, Net+, and MCP, and still working on MCSA. My goal is to finish Net+ by the end of this school year, then be MSCE by the end of high school.

OS was retarded though, I must say...

About 80% of my questions had to do with Win2k and NT...as did the majority of the rest of the people who have taken it in my shop. I failed the first time I took it, as with Hardware, but I managed to pass OS with a 557, and hardware with something around a 580.

Net+ here I come! =D

-Nate

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Mario18Man wrote:
    OS was retarded though, I must say...

About 80% of my questions had to do with Win2k and NT

Considering how many of my clients still use W2K and NT, this isn't surprising ;)

Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    leighleigh Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrtulations!
    Mario18Man wrote:
    About 80% of my questions had to do with Win2k and NT...

Our clients use more XP with the new home computers, Windows 98 and Me are not surprised. I think more NT can be seen at offices.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats...

and the A+ tests have always been like that. I had windows 3.1 questions and 386 / 486 questions....they seem to be a little behind. But, as the others have mentioned, you never know what you will run into out there.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would imagine that the CompTIA members believe in the 5 year accounting depreciation rule. Given that a tech needs to have a 5 year skill set; know what will ship next month but also know what shipped 4.5 years ago. Corporate capital assets don't go in the trash for 5 years and most OS'es get put on with new equipment. That is the reason that MS has such a hard time killing win 98. They are about to try again. It is amazing to me how many copies of XP licenses sit unused so that Win2k can be installed on a system in a corporate environment because of standardization issues.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO