756 Failed, how very sad

nextascynextascy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not bad for learning all this material in a week, but so very sad that i missed it by so little. Some of the questions are worded weird. Is it just me or do comptia use double negative. The question is phrase Do Not, but the answer has, Not or some other negative. Confuse the hell out of me.

The tough part also is that they suggest me to brush up on almost every area in the book, so I don't even know what I'm really weak at, there's at least 12 or so different areas.

I needed this cert so bad today because I have an interview for a security job in my company tomorrow. Sad. Oh well, try again in a couple of weeks and see.

Comments

• mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Your best bet is to get a self-test program and practice with that. That will allow you to guage your strengths and weaknesses so you can practice accordingly. Also, don't use one source to study, get several books, and refer to other sources for info. The technotes on this site are extremely helpful.

Don't rush Security+ too much. A *lot* of people have underestimated it to their misfortune. Take your time, hone your skills, and go in and clobber it.
    CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
    Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502
  • Dude, I know exactly how much that sucks, the first time I took it, I missed by 1 question. Then, several months later I passed it. I used the Syngress guide for this exam. Its a good read.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Sorry to hear that. I agree, the Syngress book is very good for this exam.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • nextascynextascy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i actually use the syngress for that week of study..it really is a great book, but i got the ebook version, there was some errors in it, where the answers at the end of the chapter didn't match up with the answers with the appendix...not sure if the book itself had these errors..but in either case..i like the book...it was an easy read

i have the Sybex one also..but that was way too complicated...but now going back on the sybex after reading syngress actually made things a bit easier...

Well, I'll have to go into the interview tomorrow with no Certs to use as leverage...just use my interviewing talent to whooo the hiring manager over..lol..wish me luck

I will continue to try, i'm not goin to just give up and waste my 230 dollar. even if it cost me a total of 1k to pass...hopefully it won't take that many tries...but i want something for all my effort..thanx for the support!!!
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Keep the positive attitude, and you will get it. I didn't get all my certs on the first try. icon_wink.gif

Good luck on the interview!

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey nextascy

Sorry to hear you missed. I'm glad that you picked up on that issue of double negatives. I was so ticked off at myself that I did not pick up on that and only picked up on the number of questions with multiple correct answers.
    I like your attitude - keep at it dude and you will knock it off.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I did the same thing for a job interview when I got my A+.

I was going for a job within the company and it required an A+ so I studied for 2 weeks and passed both exams. The only back up plan I had if I did not pass was to say in the interview that I was planning on taking the test in the coming weeks ahead....

You might be able to sign up to retake teh Security+ and tell them at the interview that you are taking it on this day and that you have been preparing for it....

For 1 week of study that doesnt sound like a bad score! I would take every practice test I could find and take them over and over again until I can get them all correct and understand them.

Best of luck on your next time around.
  • NicholasRNicholasR Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep at it I failed this exam my first time so I know how it feels. I thought my CCNA exam was easier simply because the objectives were clear where as for the security+ everything is fuzzy. Good luck on your next attempt keep at it and you will do fine....