Options

WGU Transcript Evaluations results

NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
How successful have ya'll been with appealing the results of your evaluations? I've just received my results and I have to say they are more or less exactly what I expected save for 2-4 courses for which I think I should've been except from. I'm curious if it's even worth the effort considering it's a potential of up to 4 courses totaling 13-17 CU
O
/|\
/ \

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You should call the enrollment department and see if there's a supervisor or manager that can review the results with you. Perhaps they made a mistake.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    redworldredworld Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The only course I feel I should have been granted and wasn't was Intro to IT, and maybe College Algebra. It wasn't even worth appealing though as that assessment took roughly 25 minutes to test out of.
  • Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Any reason why Intro to IT didn't get waived? Seems silly to waive Technology courses left and right but force your student to take an Intro to IT course. I'm in the same boat and didn't even consider appealing that one as I assume they have their reasons.
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ask them if any of the advanced classes will waive the Intro to IT class. Then skip Intro to IT and have it waived further into your degree plan. Worth a try anyway.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had this problem when I enrolled. I called the enrollment counselor told him what classes were an issue. I had to get the official course descriptions from the school where I took the courses and a copy of the syllabi. Took a day for then to review and grant credit.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I petitioned two more classes successfully. I asked their reasoning, in one case they couldn't find the class description since the class was older so they used the newer version of the class. I called the old school and they pulled a catalog from 10+ years ago and gave me the original description. Worth the time for me, they were totally unrelated to IT courses.
  • Options
    redworldredworld Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nyblizzard wrote: »
    Any reason why Intro to IT didn't get waived? Seems silly to waive Technology courses left and right but force your student to take an Intro to IT course. I'm in the same boat and didn't even consider appealing that one as I assume they have their reasons.
    I was told that my Intro to Comp Sci credits didn't apply since Computer Science and Information Technology aren't quite the same field. Makes sense I guess and really it wasn't worth getting worked up over.

I'm just glad they took my 15 year old Spanish I credits and applied them to Elements of Effective Communication.