Options

Finishing 4-6 months @ WGU MSISA?

yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
To those that completely quickly, would you be able to share how you did it? Your strategy? How to tackle it quickly and ...... I have 9 classes left on my BS, in Security and I like to learn/plan ahead for my MSISA
Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)

Comments

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    if you're not even done with your BS, then you might be putting the cart before the horse...

1 year should be pretty easy, but 4 to 6 months would be pretty tough depending on your work schedule/home life. i took 18 months, but I slacked off a lot and started a new job in the process. So i think a year is a good time frame
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which takes longer at WGU, AS->BS or BS->MS? The latter has about 20 fewer credits but I hear it's a lot of writing, which probably delays people that aren't very good at writing. I'm thinking about setting a goal for the AS->BS in 11 months and the BS->MS in 7 months.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    techfiend wrote: »
    Which takes longer at WGU, AS->BS or BS->MS? The latter has about 20 fewer credits but I hear it's a lot of writing, which probably delays people that aren't very good at writing. I'm thinking about setting a goal for the AS->BS in 11 months and the BS->MS in 7 months.

In the 8CU / 6 months for my MSISA, i think I wrote 10 papers + made 2 power points with presenter notes. Writing the papers was kind of a drag, but I've gotten a lot better at it. Final thing to note is if you are persistent and submit 2-3 assignments simultaneously, you will probably succeed faster. I did this in my last month and it did wonders for me. Ok off to get a drink...Warriors won and San Francisco is going crazy.
  • Options
    Plus study CEH? That sounds like an unreasonable goal for me in 7 months considering it took me a month to complete lit with a 5 page paper and a 30 slide presentation, with a week off in between. Are the topics relevant to IT? How long was a typical paper and presentation?
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    techfiend wrote: »
    Plus study CEH? That sounds like an unreasonable goal for me in 7 months considering it took me a month to complete lit with a 5 page paper and a 30 slide presentation, with a week off in between. Are the topics relevant to IT? How long was a typical paper and presentation?

Ok, I'm back...a little buzzed. You can adjust your courses such that you do CEH + 2 other classes in one term. CEH will count as 3 credits.
    Term 1 was hard for myself because I moved a 3+ Billion dollar semiconductor company and worked 55-65 hours a week for 3+ months and I had maybe 1 day off every 14 days. I ended up quitting my job to stick to finish my school. I saw it more beneficial to invest in myself than slave myself away for the benefit of directors and VPs.

Oh yeah papers were 3-8 pages long, average 5-6 pages double spaced, font 12, times new roman.
    Power points were 12-19 slides with paragraphs of presentation notes. All in all they were not as bad as it sounds...just super tedious and kind of depressing.
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks ya'll for chiming in. i just wanted to prepare ahead and have a plan to tackle MSISA. I know I will be beating the clock trying to complete my BSIT by Christmas.

I read through one of the postings here about someone breaking down tasks and assigning days to it. This is one of the approach that I plan to take.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    Those papers don't sound that bad now, but maybe even more important are all the topics relevant to IT security? It's much easier for me to write about something I'm interested in.