Harder test than CISSP? Movie review: Somm

RuleOf3RuleOf3 Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
This is a movie review AND reassurance that while the CISSP exam is very difficult, it could be worse ... we watched a movie, "Somm" (on Netflix), a documentary about the [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Master Sommelier Exam. [/FONT]

Two points:

1. Somm is a great movie, I highly recommend it. The whole family liked it, even our teenagers. icon_smile.gif

2. I thought the CISSP was brutal. But it has nothing on the Master Sommelier Exam. The exam is only offered once per year. It takes three days to complete. Of the 50 people who sat for the exam, only 6 passed. Obviously, many people are on their second or third try (and waiting a year in between!). They spend years studying, doing mock exams, and packing around shoe boxes full of flash cards.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]A worthy movie option and I think we can all relate.[/FONT]

Comments

• techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There's a psychology certification that requires a PhD, 10(?) years of verifiable experience and takes 30 hours, spread across 5 days. It's very grueling and expensive but it probably has a much higher pass rate then the Master Sommeller. I don't recall the name of it but I knew someone who took it a few years ago, she was studying for 2+ years.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @Ruleof3;

Not everyone bemoans the difficulty of the CISSP, myself included. Spoken to many, many people who have stated much the same. The CISSP was a boring exam in my opinion. The hard part was waiting for the results in 6-8 short weeks.

When I took the exam years ago I saw people confidently get up and turn in their answer sheets in as little as 75 minutes. Myself? 150 minutes - maybe a bit less but I took five breaks.

So it just depends on the person taking the exam, itself. I've taken harder exams. icon_study.gif

-b/eads
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Code of Ethics Canons:
    • Protect society, the common good, necessary public trust and confidence, and the infrastructure.
      > Install a firewall and antivirus
    • Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
      >Yes but not too honest.
    • Provide diligent and competent service to principals.
      >Always "Service" your manager
    • Advance and protect the profession.
      > Never say the CISSP test is easy

Sorry all ...Friday evening and i'm a bit light-hearted :)
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Code of Ethics Canons:
    • Protect society, the common good, necessary public trust and confidence, and the infrastructure.
      > Install a firewall and antivirus
    • Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
      >Yes but not too honest.
    • Provide diligent and competent service to principals.
      >Always "Service" your manager
    • Advance and protect the profession.
      > Never say the CISSP test is easy

Sorry all ...Friday evening and i'm a bit light-hearted :)

(*Yawn*) I over prepared.