Options

Junior Security Analyst - Seal Beach, CA

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
Our VP of Info Sec mentioned we may have a Jr Analyst opening soon. Someone fresh out of college preferably. He didn't provide a description yet, but here was my Info Sec Analyst job description over two years ago if you want idea of what the position can become. I'll provide an accurate job description once the CISO writes it up. Please advise if you know anyone interested.

Requirements:
  • Minimum of 3 years of applicable security experience
  • Understanding of overall security concepts and domains
  • Understanding and/or exposure with the following security technologies, firewalls, web application firewalls, IDS/IPS, e-mail encryption gateways, vulnerability scanning tools, forensics tools
  • Exposure to log/packet capturing & decoding of various attack signatures, such as recognizing SQL injections, cross-site scripting attacks, etc.
  • Expertise in working with 3rd party vendors conducting various security related projects
  • Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory access rights, user access provisioning, SQL access and Operating System security
Desired Knowledge/Skills:
  • Certifications such as CompTIA, GIAC, ISC2 and other security certifications preferred
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Looks like a good opportunity for someone to get their foot into Security. Would probably apply if it was near me. Wish I could get my wife to move to that area... MN winters are not fun.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sounds Good
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    MN winters are not fun.

I am not familiar with this 'winter' that you speak of. :D

I use my lunch break to walk on the pier everyday. Our office is minutes away from the beach.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    aspiringsoulaspiringsoul Member Posts: 314
    It seems there has been an explosion in Security position openings lately. I just accepted a position as a Security Analyst/Associate last week.

Information Security Analysts : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    Education: MS-Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University, BS-Business Information Systems from Indiana Wesleyan University, AAS-Computer Network Systems - ITT Tech,
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If I wasn't in a lease and I could afford to move, I'd go for it in a heartbeat. I love Orange County and want to move back there at some point. Guessing the pay is probably in the 60k range?
  • Options
    LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Forgive me if im wrong, but since when does anyone "fresh out of college" have 3 years of applicable infosec experience?
    I know if i was just outta college, id think the role was out of my league, but thats just my .02..
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Levithan wrote: »
    Forgive me if im wrong, but since when does anyone "fresh out of college" have 3 years of applicable infosec experience?
    I know if i was just outta college, id think the role was out of my league, but thats just my .02..

Only possible way would be if you're doing internships. I have to do a minimum of 1 1/2 years of work experience as part of my comp sci degree program.
  • Options
    Levithan wrote: »

You are forgiven :D

I mentioned that a Jr Analyst description hasn't been provided yet so I posted the Info Sec Analyst requirements just as an idea of what someone will do when they grow beyond the "Junior" role. Apologies if I didn't make that clear.
  • Options
    socaljonsocaljon Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for taking the time to post this. I live in Huntington Beach and finished my BSIT from WGU a few months ago. I am definitely interested!