Options

ISACA Exam Results June 2015

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    aboss3aboss3 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What about the CISM track and then moving on to CISSP?
  • Options
    Damon NgDamon Ng Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats guys!!
  • Options
    denwdenw Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got mine, CISM PASSED at 583 - top 20%. Congrats to all those that passed!

I am preparing my CISM application, is anyone know the experience verification process? Do I need to find CISM/CISA Certified Person to verify my InfoSec experiences?

Thanks
  • Options
    jjkilpatrick1jjkilpatrick1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed the CISA with a score of 594. What a relief!
  • Options
    bill clancybill clancy Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The experience form is on ISACAS web page. It's detailed and difficult...way worse than the CISSP, but just get it done, pay the silly fee and get it over with.
  • Options
    souldafusionsouldafusion Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aboss3 wrote: »
    What about the CISM track and then moving on to CISSP?

Well it all depends on your current and future career goals. If you have just finished CISA and are currently performing or wish to perform IT audit then I would suggest the CISSP. This will give you the all round knowledge of many aspects of IT Security.

I would only suggest the CISM if you are in a role that focuses on IT Security strategy, programmes, risk or incident management.

In short, unless you are currently an IT Security Manager/Officer then go for the CISSP first.
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jimmington wrote: »
    Well that was a long 5 weeks. I had been on the CISM course, but did not check my exam admissions slip until 11PM the night before the exam. That's when i realised that i had booked the CISA exam not CISM - oh how I laughed along at that discovery. As I had nothing to lose, I went for it anyway, and it looks like fortune favours the brave as I managed a 528 pass. Considering there was absolutely no study for it, as you can imagine I am pretty chuffed with that.
    What it does go to show is though, if you have some real-world experience combined with knowing how to play these exams (i.e read the question carefully and answer from ISACA-land point of view) you always have a chance.

Congrats to all who passed and good luck to those who are taking CISA in the future.

Congrats...Good thing is you stayed calm and yes, experience matters..In my school days, I experienced this one time. In the exam hall only, I realized that the subject which I studied was on a different date.. :)
  • Options
    eamieami Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you think it will take another 2-3 weeks to get the CRISC results? :\
  • Options
    buhuskybuhusky Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes. I put Sat. August 8th on my calendar a few days ago after doing some research of when the results may come out. I don't remember why I selected that date, but I personally won't expect to see them before then. Well, maybe Friday August 7th since they'll actually be working that day.
  • Options
    8octave8octave Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    unfortunately..Yes.
  • Options
    Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ABOSS3: I have all three and I can tell you that CISSP is the most respected by the tech community. I got the CISM because, as a security auditor and risk assessor, I often have to go toe-to-toe with the CIO's.

As for as the CRISC is concerned, Aug 7 should be the day. There's a very remote chance they will release it on the 6th, but don't expect it. ISACA is very good at setting expectations and then sticking with it. So.....8 weeks is Aug 8, they don't want to work on Saturday so Aug 7 is it. (this also held true for my CISA and CISM results). Good luck, yaw!
  • Options
    eamieami Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ABOSS3: I have all three and I can tell you that CISSP is the most respected by the tech community. I got the CISM because, as a security auditor and risk assessor, I often have to go toe-to-toe with the CIO's.

As for as the CRISC is concerned, Aug 7 should be the day. There's a very remote chance they will release it on the 6th, but don't expect it. ISACA is very good at setting expectations and then sticking with it. So.....8 weeks is Aug 8, they don't want to work on Saturday so Aug 7 is it. (this also held true for my CISA and CISM results). Good luck, yaw!

I was thinking about CISSP after CISA and CISM, but eventually I've decided to try to get CRISC first to complete my ISACA certifications (CGEIT is not an option for me today). So fingers crossed :D
  • Options
    ilikeshellsilikeshells Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eami wrote: »
    I was thinking about CISSP after CISA and CISM, but eventually I've decided to try to get CRISC first to complete my ISACA certifications (CGEIT is not an option for me today). So fingers crossed :D

Honestly, I would move away from ISACA certs if you already have two. It's more of the same and won't diversify you. If you're into IT auditing/Security, move on to something like a CCNA/P (even MCSE). It's rare to find an auditor with any real tech knowledge or background. If you do, they are snatched up quick!
  • Options
    Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can't argue with that logic. I took the CRISC in June and if I passed, that will be my third ISACA cert (CISM, CISA, CRISC). I also have several rounds of MCSE (NT4, 2000, & 2003) plus two rounds of CCNA and CCDA. All of the technical certs have expired. The problem is, and I've tried to explain it to the younger guys I work with, it is very difficult to pass the technical certs if you are not working in that field (not impossible though). When I took them, I was designing, building, and supporting networks and it made a lot of difference. I don't know if I could pass them now. But yes I do agree with the principle, just be willing to study hard and have a lab to practice the stuff.
  • Options
    eric_gokongweieric_gokongwei Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think after passing the CISA Exam, I have already decided to take CISM this December. Reason is that I am already functioning as a security officer at work and I'm aiming to hold a wider governance role in the future. Not sure if CGEIT would help but I think CISM should take first at this point in time.
  • Options
    HappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Received a change on my CISM application status today. Went from Unreviewed to Complete-Under review. Anyone else see a change? icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    corpseccorpsec Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Received a change on my CISM application status today. Went from Unreviewed to Complete-Under review. Anyone else see a change? icon_cool.gif

No change for my CISM application yet icon_sad.gif. Did you get an email as well?
  • Options
    HappyHappyHappyHappyHappyHappy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No email yet just a change in the application status. Ill keep yall posted.
  • Options
    SYBSYB Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,
    Any pointers CISa exam.I am taking CISA Dec 2015.
  • Options
    SYBSYB Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aboss3 wrote: »
    Passed cisa! Wooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what all one can refer to what study material one should refer to, other than CRM
  • Options
    spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Our CISA Sept exam is in 3 weeks icon_silent.gif those who written then the June exam, any tips for us :)
  • Options
    rohit10rohit10 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    spena wrote: »
    Our CISA Sept exam is in 3 weeks icon_silent.gif those who written then the June exam, any tips for us :)
    go over the database questions as many times as you can
  • Options
    spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rohit10 wrote: »
    go over the database questions as many times as you can

will do!

Any reading material similar to Eleventh Hour CISSP: Study Guide for CISA?
  • Options
    wowincewowince Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did anyone know how to prevent ip spoofing ?

Thank a lot
  • Options
    protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1) Ingress filtering - Block all packets entering your network from the Internet that have a source or destination address that is invalid (private address ranges, reserved ranges, or a source address that belongs to your network).
    2) Egress filtering - Block all packets exiting your network to the Internet that have reserved or private source or destination addresses, plus any packets that have a source address other than one that belongs to your network. This doesn't protect your network; rather, it acts to protect the rest of the Internet from IP spoofing attacks coming from your network.
  • Options
    wowincewowince Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know who should be an owner of audit report?

Thank for your answer (Protacticus)
  • Options
    protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The owner is the one who prepare a report - internal auditor.