Options

Amazon Web Services Hiring - Dallas with possible relocation bonus

mikecoyne83mikecoyne83 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
First a little introduction. I joined this forum a little over 4 years ago with zero certifications and no degree. Through this site I found out about Western Governors and became confident enough to enroll and finish out my degree. Although I don't post often (or really at all) this forum has really helped me succeed in both my degree and certifications.
For the last few years I have been working as a Network Engineer in the healthcare field, and in January I moved on and started at Amazon Web Services as a Developer Support Engineer. I love the company, the environment and really enjoy the work.

We are doing a lot of hiring and are looking for additional Developer Support Engineers. The site is located in Dallas and we have been known to extend relocation bonuses and moving services to new hires.
A little bit about the position
http://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/135624/cloud-support-engineer-amazon-web-services

I feel like I could write paragraphs about the job but will try to keep it brief and then let interested parties ask questions. The environment is real relaxed, I wear TMNT shirts, shorts, and flip flops to work. You will work with large and small customers ranging from small companies and startups to MLB and Netflix. This is not managed hosting but developer support, we build and troubleshoot environments, not applications or code internal to the client. Half a shift is helping live contacts via chat or phone, 2nd half is email work. You get about 3 months of initial training and a steady barrage after.

I know the big question will be about compensation and of course I cant type that out, but I can say we hire away from VMWare, Microsoft, and Cisco consistently. Typically you will get a base salary, signing bonus (and/or relocation), and stock. Also, Texas and DFW are very affordable places to live.

What are we looking for? Networking, Operating System both linux and microsoft, coders, databases, big data, etc etc... we do everything. I work in the Networking profile.

If you have questions, post them here or PM me. If you are interested send me your resume as I can your Resume directly to our hiring managers.

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Does Amazon do the "world-wide" non-compete contract for IT workers like they do for warehouse workers?
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Remote available? Not just for this job, but any others?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Amazon does do the non-compete contract for IT-workers.
  • Options
    Does Amazon do the "world-wide" non-compete contract for IT workers like they do for warehouse workers?
    Ya, there is a non-compete for IT Workers. There is some grey area such as what happens if you develop your own application off hours on your personal AWS account. But the main thing, if you are working at AWS you can't freelance support and develop or contact clients that you would work with. I think it is difficult to find a job that will not have the non-compete.
    Remote available? Not just for this job, but any others?
    I can only speak for AWS and what I do there. There are remote days available but not total remote work. Even with the remote days available most people still come into the office, it is a big team environment and I feel like it makes my job easier.
  • Options
    Dang. I'm in Abilene but can't relocate, stepson has to live in Taylor or adjacent county. :/
  • Options
    Received a few messages and resumes. Thanks guys!
    Anyone interested, there are a ton of positions open.
  • Options
    NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Received a few messages and resumes. Thanks guys!
    Anyone interested, there are a ton of positions open.

Sent you a PM.
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ugh, I'm an idiot. Figured it out!
  • Options
    Hey just wanted to give an update. This last week we started to contact candidates for interviews and we now have 5 different guys from this forum with phone interviews this coming week! There might be more, but I have had 5 people atleast contact me so far. So I thought that was pretty cool.

I will post another update when some of these members become co-workers of mine :)
    We have plenty of reqs open so they arent competing against each other, so I am hoping I will have 5 people buying me a beer soon.
  • Options
    That is awesome right there. 2 thumbs up!