How do you know you are ready for the RHCSA exam?

So how would you measure your readiness for the RHCSA exam? Resource that I am using right now, I did the entire course, I got all the exercises down pat, got few index cards I will go trough but that's just instantly doable... How would one know he/she is ready to take the exam being confident he/she would pass?

Comments

  • XavorXavor Member Posts: 161
    Can you do the items on the objectives without using the man pages?
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy SABSA, GCFA, GPEN, CISM, RHCE, Security+, Server+, eJPT, CCNA Mod Posts: 4,082 Mod
    If you feel confident doing ALL the tasks that are in the cert objective then you're ready. 100% of the tasks, not 90%. From memory, you will be tested on everything in the objective list so don't skip topics. You'll do well icon_thumright.gif
    Goal: MBA, Jan 2021
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Thank you for the guidance guys.
    I will go over the objectives and think of mini and very quick scenarios and do the objectives without any help, in addition to doing yet one more review of my prep material.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy SABSA, GCFA, GPEN, CISM, RHCE, Security+, Server+, eJPT, CCNA Mod Posts: 4,082 Mod
    Then you will have a good time in the test and you will enjoy the experience! Good luck!
    Goal: MBA, Jan 2021
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■□□□□□
    varelg wrote: »
    Resource that I am using right now, I did the entire course...

    Can you clarify which course you took? The official Red Hat course or?
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Can you clarify which course you took? The official Red Hat course or?
    Linux Academy. Not the official Red Hat course.
  • brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    varelg wrote: »
    Thank you for the guidance guys.
    I will go over the objectives and think of mini and very quick scenarios and do the objectives without any help, in addition to doing yet one more review of my prep material.

    During my preparations to RedHat exams I have a simple rule:

    If I can do all the necessary tasks from "Comprehensive review" from the official book in 80% of exam time - I'm prepared well. The remaining 20% I will have for man searching and some fixes.

    When there is no "comprehensive review" in the book (i.e. EX236) I'm preparing the list of tasks that I can probably get on exam and follow the previous rule.
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    brombulec wrote: »
    During my preparations to RedHat exams I have a simple rule:

    If I can do all the necessary tasks from "Comprehensive review" from the official book in 80% of exam time - I'm prepared well. The remaining 20% I will have for man searching and some fixes.

    When there is no "comprehensive review" in the book (i.e. EX236) I'm preparing the list of tasks that I can probably get on exam and follow the previous rule.

    This is similar to what I do. I aim to create some sample scenerios based around the objectives and see how long it takes me. I aim for about 50% of the total time.

    Where a command is too complicated/tedious/dull to remember verbatim I remember a pointer e.g. look at the man page, or use the gui for this bit, or --help that kind of thing.
  • techzie223techzie223 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is similar to what I do. I aim to create some sample scenerios based around the objectives and see how long it takes me. I aim for about 50% of the total time.
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 810 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just keep running through the objectives and make sure you know them well.

    Good Luck!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.