Options

Received CISSP Congratulation Mail but Certificates after 8 Week

sbilalsbilal Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all

I received the confirmation of becoming a CISSP today but it also says that the certification and my ID will take another 8 weeks to reach me. That means I have to wait another 8 weeks. icon_sad.gif. I mean is this amount of time normal? Why it is taking too much time for ISC2 to provide the certificate after I pass and get certified.

Please advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    brenbrenOKbrenbrenOK Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sbilal wrote: »
    Hi all

I received the confirmation of becoming a CISSP today but it also says that the certification and my ID will take another 8 weeks to reach me. That means I have to wait another 8 weeks. icon_sad.gif. I mean is this amount of time normal? Why it is taking too much time for ISC2 to provide the certificate after I pass and get certified.

Please advice.

Thanks

Not sure what is taking so long. I found out June 8th that I passed from taking the test on May 5th and other than signing on to Pearson Vue, I've heard nothing.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    it is kind of okay.

certified ethical hacker certification entity, for example, promises to send papers in 4 to 8 weeks. I passed it on April 22, still no papers.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It takes time to create all the packages. They probably send out the requests for the IDs in batches. That would explain why the time frame is so long. The ID is really good though, could have rounded edges but it's still ok, fits in the wallet perfectly.
  • Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I sent off my endorsement docs at the beginning of the week and was told it will take 8 weeks due to high demands.
  • Options
    gutbrodjgutbrodj Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    brenbrenOK,
    After you get your test results you need to go to http://www.isc2.org/endorsement.aspx and start the endorsement process. Also setup your account on the website, if it is going to take you a while to do the endorsement pay the $35 fee for Associate of ISC2 within 30 days of your test.
  • Options
    brenbrenOKbrenbrenOK Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gutbrodj wrote: »
    brenbrenOK,
    After you get your test results you need to go to http://www.isc2.org/endorsement.aspx and start the endorsement process. Also setup your account on the website, if it is going to take you a while to do the endorsement pay the $35 fee for Associate of ISC2 within 30 days of your test.

Still waiting for the test results officially from ISC. I might just go to this link and start. LOL.
  • Options
    gutbrodjgutbrodj Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    brenbrenOK,
    IF you didn't receive the email by the end of the 1st business day after your test, then something went wrong, probably someone didn't enter your email address properly. Do not wait for that email to start the process, technically the result document form your Pearson Vue test is your official notification. Ff your information was entered incorrectly you are going to have to go through getting it corrected.