eLearnSecurity WAPTv2 launch event - 23-June-2015.

wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

eLearnSecurity is launching WAPTv2 on 23-June-2015 "Web Application Penetration Testing"

Register and attend to get a chance to win an Elite Edition of the course.
https://www.elearnsecurity.com/resources/webinars/waptv2-launch

At the launch of PTS3 course they gave everybody a barbone course for free and a discounted upgrade price., they might do the same this time.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Yup, I'm in. Hoping for either a free barebones course, or a massive enough discount on the courses to justify getting one now to do down the road.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i signed up
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Done icon_cool.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• rcsecrcsec Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Me three (thanks for sharing.)
  • Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In it right now.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Man, Gira is killing that keyboard every time he hits ENTER.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LOL... Armando is quite the salesman.
    40% off code until 6/30: STU-615
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did not Win .............

20% discount is good, but I think I will pass the course for now.
  • Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I didn't win the free elite...
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    40% off code until 6/30: STU-615

Groan.... So tempted... So tempted. I still need to get the eCPPT done once I kill the eJPT in a few months.
    40% discount .. I am starting to think about signing up ..
    Not enough to make me jump at it. Plus they've lowered the installment option from 4 to 3 payments.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bummer you can't apply both vouchers. I hope they put v1 on sale like they did when PTSv3 came out.
  • qptpqptp Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, very tempting!

40% would make me jumpicon_lol.gif. They definitely put alot of work into the course.
    There's two codes. The 20% (I forgot what it is) one came from the webinar. The 40% code (STU-615) came through email.
    Well that's interesting. I didn't get any email with a 40% off code. I only got an email with 20%. And I attended the webinar. Thanks for the 40% off code. That changes things.
    I think the 40% will only work if you are an existing "customer"
    wd40 wrote: »
    I think the 40% will only work if you are an existing "customer"

Which I am, so that's weird. So which plan is everyone looking at? Barebones, Full, or Elite? I have the PTPv3 Elite due to the PDFs and non-expiry nature of the cert exam.
    maybe it is in the SPAM folder ..

I am thinking if I manage to complete 80% of PTS by 30th of June I might go for Elite package.

I am at 40% now .. so 40% more which can be easily done if I can concentrate for the next 6 days.
    Nope, I checked there. Oh well, I have the code and checked it in the cart while logged in to eLearnSecurity and it works. I'm leaning heavily towards pulling the trigger on the Full or Elite. If I get the Full I will have to tackle that this fall.
    I can't get into the webinar, I'm at work.

Is there a way for me to *win* 40% discount now?

Edit: Hold on, I received an email that says I can get 40% discount if I pay before the end of June.

I'm doing the student course now...any value in me paying for this now and do it later (in 6 months time??)

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    maybe it is in the SPAM folder ..

mine wasn't in spam, but in the Gmail "Promotions" folder

however i am going to pass
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Edit: Hold on, I received an email that says I can get 40% discount if I pay before the end of June.

I'm doing the student course now...any value in me paying for this now and do it later (in 6 months time??)

In 6 months time you will have to pay the full price.
    In 6 months time you will have to pay the full price.

but If I buy it now, do I lose the lab hours? how does the labs system work? does it count actual hours of usage? (stupid question I know I just haven't used the labs yet)

Good question, if you purchase the elite version you get a little bit more than 120 actual Lab hours.

As per my understanding you have two years to complete the labs.

how it works is simple, you start a lab and the counter starts, you finish the lab in 1 Hour then stop the lab, now you have 119 Hours left.

now I can see that there is an option to have an unlimited 90 days access to the Lab if you make a request.
    cool! Then might as well purchase it now and do it later...I think I should be able to finish it before 2 yrs time.....

If you're at all considering doing the training down the road, I would go ahead and get the Elite now using that 40% coupon. I want to get it so bad but I've got to come out of pocket for the CISM in September and the CISA in December so it's a no go right now.
  • qptpqptp Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Such a hard choice........OSCP or WAPTv2???
    qptp: both!