2015 shoe thread

2»

Comments

• 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Clarks Unstructured series. But I wear Cushe Getaway series most days unless there is a meeting haha. Links to both in order below.

Mens Unstructured Shoes - Clarks

Men - Getaway - Black/Charcoal Mesh | Cushe
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Nightflier101BLNightflier101BL Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    my clarks came in, 2 for $99 is a pretty great deal. Haven't had a great deal of wearing them yet, but they look great
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • adam220891adam220891 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    my shoes never look good after a year. i got big clown feet and i always bump them on stuff

I figure I'm pretty clumsy myself
  • rebelutionrebelution Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mendon Brown Leather - Mens Loafers and Slip On Shoes - Clarks

Those are my go to. Comfortable and cheap enough to buy new pairs when they get worn down.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Field Network Tech here with 100s of remote sites.
    Usually just wear Vans
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can't Help, I wear flip flops to work
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anyone else wear cheap or beat up dress shoes when working with heavy equipment or working in the server room? Nothing pisses me off more than scuffing up my expensive dress shoes. I even set a server down on my shoe one time by accident and tore a chunk out of the leather. Grrr allout.gif
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    srabiee wrote: »
    Anyone else wear cheap or beat up dress shoes when working with heavy equipment or working in the server room? Nothing pisses me off more than scuffing up my expensive dress shoes. I even set a server down on my shoe one time by accident and tore a chunk out of the leather. Grrr allout.gif

Yep I keep an old pair of APT9 shoes that look good and have that nice worn leather polish look but I could care less what happens to them.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Allen Edmonds. Get the Park Avenue and then get something else later on.

+1 Love my AE's. I skipped the classic Park Ave's and got a pair of chucka boots. I wear them all day, everyday and frequently walk 5-7 miles a day in them. Zero complaints and they feels great. Made in the US, top notch customer service and they will last at least 10+ years. They can be "re-crafted" to make them look and feel new again for less than a new pair. If you can spare the upfront expense, they are great shoes in every category.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    If the problem is cushion you can try Nunn Bush with comfort gel.

I got me my first pair of Nunn Bush yesterday and I got to say they are awesome. My timberland are starting to show their age so got me new ones. I'm happy so far with nunn bush
    meh
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I'm a fan of Johnston and Murphy. They are a little bit pricier, but extremely comfortable. If you take good care of them, then they will last a long time. I usually have my shoes treated at the airport at least every other month ($6)

Helps that there is an outlet store near me where they are pretty cheap:

Johnston & Murphy - Premium selection of Men's shoes, Women's shoes, accessories and gifts.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • kenrinkenrin Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like to wear shoesforcrews when i'm not feeling the chucks. Has saved me from busting my rump walking into the data centers in the rain before. Been wearing them since working in grocery stores.
  • pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cole Haans for sure. Super comfortable!
  • DWitherDWither Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cole haan lunar grand
  • chappys4lifechappys4life Member Posts: 114
    I wear a lot of cole hann
  • DWitherDWither Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lots of cole haan fans here