Options

Call me naive or....?

janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
During my life I've taken certification and registration exams--several of them from FCC to State exams for professional registration--but this brain **** thing is a first!

1. How do you recognize these bogus practice exams?
2. Does COMPtia have a list of these sites that they're opposed to?
I can't find one if it exists.
3. Does anyone have such a list?
4. Can I assume that these pdf files that are bogus would only publish
questions and answers without explanations or can they come either
way?
5. Can I assume that practice exams in formats other than pdf are not
bogus?

I DO NOT want to purchase any BD stuff, I just want to avoid it!

Practice exams are a favorite study tool for me, but after reading on this forum I'm not sure they're worth it--how can you be sure?! I like them because I can use them to determine weaknesses and than review and supplement. After all, a man can only read tech jargon for so long without
losing concentration. But practice questions are a relief and a change of environment.

Yes, I know about Transcender and Boson and I plan on getting the Transcender package with voucher purchase on Server+ and use it for a final "tweak" before testing. And I know about all the free practice sites, but you can only review a couple of times before you have 'em memorized, then you need fresh meat. There are a lot less free exams for Server+.

So, fellers, you got answers about what is safer among the lower cost practice exam offers?
"It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki

Comments

• Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    first of all comptia know about them and they are going with the policy to clost them all, lots were thrown into jail.
    those braindump site will also sometimes give the authorities your information and you will be striped off all your certification and the certification vendors will ban you from achiving them.

mostly any site that tells you we have real question, actual questions, you cannot fail. spend 5 hours memorise this and go pass the test.

they are all a bunch of criminals who operate in china, pakistan, india, and other countries and authorities should catch them

stick with transender, boson, beach front, self test software, and exam simulator.

so bottom line braindumps are evil and might cost you your it carreer even if you visit some of their website.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    janmike wrote:
    1. How do you recognize these bogus practice exams?
    2. Does COMPtia have a list of these sites that they're opposed to?
    I can't find one if it exists.
    3. Does anyone have such a list?
    4. Can I assume that these pdf files that are bogus would only publish
    questions and answers without explanations or can they come either
    way?
    5. Can I assume that practice exams in formats other than pdf are not
    bogus?

1. That's usually easy, they advertise their products using "real", "actual", "100% pass guarantee if you study this guide for 12 hours", "You'll see our questions on the exam", "the real test can be touch". Don't let a professional design fool you, having a site developed is only a fraction of what they make by selling 'their' stolen goods.

2. No.

3. I wish it were different, but even though they are the criminals, we could get into legal problems if we'd publish such a list. (please don't ask why..). I don't know of such a list, I usually recommend simply not to buy a guide that has only questions. (The cost of having a decent interactive test engine developed is only a fraction of the cost of having quality questions developed by real tech writers.) If you doubt one, you can PM me if you want to know it for sure.

4. The only reason one would want to know such a thing is because he or she would be interested in buying it icon_confused.gif. Some do, some don't. Most of them are terribly written, with besides horrible grammar and spelling many plain old errors. It's just a brain ****, nothing written by pro's.

5. Unfortunately no. Check out our link sections for those that write original questions. Again if you doubt any, just PM me. I would be happy to prevent someone from buying crap from criminals that simply are responsible for messing up the whole IT industry.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    U control what you want to read and how you want to study...

U know what is good for you...

Practice exam is build to be refresh your skill and knowledge that obtain during your study. It never mean to put a permanent record in your mind. There are many way to rephased a sentences and questions...

So, have fun & relax :)
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Thanks for the passionate and the thorough treatment of my enquiry.

I believe that a good deal of my naivete' is now dissipated--but not all.

I think I know the type of site you mean.

And, I am going to go ahead with Server+ studies and I'm going to enjoy myself doing it.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent icon_smile.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007