Options

Next Step After OSCP

NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just found out that Offensive Security has something called OSPTL (OffSec Pen Testing Labs). Its an entirely new lab environment that's intended to be the "next stop" for OSCPs. Not a certification...but an all new environment for testing.
The hosted labs are created as a “next-stop” for experienced penetration testers and those that have completed the OSCP examination. Built to be a challenging environment, the hosted labs can frustrate even the most confident of penetration tester.

https://www.offensive-security.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/offsec-playground-thumb-21.jpg

https://www.offensive-security.com/offensive-security-solutions/virtual-penetration-testing-labs/

Has anyone done these or know anyone who has? I already requested access and intend to get started as soon as I hear back.

Comments

• Options
    And box names from Final Fantasy, LOTR, and Star Trek. Nerd paradise :D.
  • Options
    Just figured out what the Grey network is in reference to. SMFH...
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    NovaHax wrote: »
    Just figured out what the Grey network is in reference to. SMFH...

I looked up most of the names in one Google search....
    50 Shades of Grey????
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    I looked up most of the names in one Google search....
    50 Shades of Grey????

Yeah, I think so. Not sure what happened there icon_rolleyes.gif. Penetration pun maybe???
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wonder what the cost of that is.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looks like right now it is for companies only, but they are working on a "public" version where you would purchase day in the 30, 60, 90, and 120 day buckets. Definitely some really cool stuff!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Looks like right now it is for companies only, but they are working on a "public" version where you would purchase day in the 30, 60, 90, and 120 day buckets. Definitely some really cool stuff!

Not true. Its available to companies and to previous students who have their OSCP, pending their approval.
    Note: Public shared labs are currently being offered to select Offensive Security certified individuals only. Access to the general public will be announced via our social media channels, so stay tuned.

• Options
    If you have your OSCP, you just have to submit a request for individual access.
  • Options
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Wonder what the cost of that is.

No idea. I assume you find out if/when you hear back from them. I would imagine around the same as OSCP lab costs...but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hopefully it wont be that expensive for current OSCP holders.
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    NovaHax wrote: »
    Yeah, I think so. Not sure what happened there icon_rolleyes.gif. Penetration pun maybe???

Well since the series is supposedly "BDSM" and some of the boxes in the OSCP challenge were "Pain" and "Sufferance" (IIRC), it's probably more a play on that. I hope.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT