Options

CISSP concentrations - endorsement also needed?

megabluemegablue Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I read about the CISSP concentrations, and I couldn't find around any indication that an endorsement of the experience required (2 years of security mgmt for ISSMP) is required, only that you need to have such experience.

If you have passed a CISSP concentration, what happens after passing the exam? Is the process similar to getting the CISSP (having a CISSP to endorse you)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    analystanalyst Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You have to submit your resume to ISC2.

How Can I Qualify for a CISSP Concentration?
    To qualify for the CISSP–ISSAP, CISSP–ISSEP, or CISSP-ISSMP, you must have at least two years of required experience in the respective area, maintain your CISSP credential in good standing, pass the appropriate concentration examination and submit your resume to be reviewed by (ISC)² Member Services. Each of the three concentrations has its own CBK® domains.

https://www.isc2.org/concentrations/default.aspx
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its exactly like the CISSP in that you need to find another (ISC)2 certification holder in good standing to go through you additional two years of experience and convince them to sign off on your petition.

Note that the person need not be a concentration holder. We are rare enough as it is. Last I looked there were only 1001 ISSAP holders world wide. The exams have been in place for 15 years. I have meet one in person. In effect no one knows about them or cares. The end effect is that it will either bewilder your peers having taken one or earn some additional respect. Not that I regret my concentration but frankly no one really cares either. I did mine to separate myself from all the other CISSPs when it really made me an easier target to hit. icon_cheers.gif

- b/eads
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    megablue wrote: »

If you have passed a CISSP concentration, what happens after passing the exam?

Thanks!

b/eads will make you question if you truly deserve it icon_lol.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    (*smoke*) (*Poof!*) Automagic.

There are worse ways to spend an afternoon rather than questioning getting a concentration. I think the ISSEP is really valuable if your doing CAP or other government work. Otherwise - not so much other than bragging rights.

Gets the proper certification exam that reflects your level of competence not your confidence in taking an exam.tm

- b/eads