Options

B.S vs. B.IT degrees

KSA - DegreeKSA - Degree Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
First I want to say hello to all

B.S vs. B.IT same credit 120 in US university but my question is in the final of program I want to have the same Degree of B. S & IT with 120 hours or more credit. Is it available?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    If you are asking if you can have a BS and an IT degree then the answer is yes. It is referred to as B.S.I.T or Bachelor of Science Information Technology. 120 credit hours is usually the minimum requirement to be awarded this degree. Many people get a specialized A.A.S degree (63 credit hours) and then transfer into this major. This helps them align themselves for the area of IT they wish to work in after graduation.

Most state universities and a multitude of private 4-year colleges offer this degree; it has become very popular within the last five years because it offers exposure to many facets of IT.

I'm working on one myself!
  • Options
    rarossraross Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Judd wrote:
    If you are asking if you can have a BS and an IT degree then the answer is yes. It is referred to as B.S.I.T or Bachelor of Science Information Technology. 120 credit hours is usually the minimum requirement to be awarded this degree. Many people get a specialized A.A.S degree (63 credit hours) and then transfer into this major. This helps them align themselves for the area of IT they wish to work in after graduation.

Most state universities and a multitude of private 4-year colleges offer this degree; it has become very popular within the last five years because it offers exposure to many facets of IT.

I'm working on one myself!

Except most uni's do not accept credits from community colleges, and specially not major related credits. But occasionally you will find a state school that allows both, but that is not saying much about it :).
  • Options
    jaeusmjaeusm Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Except most uni's do not accept credits from community colleges, and specially not major related credits.

I don't know of a university that does not accept community college credits. Where did you get this information?
  • Options
    I am in a computer science 4 year program with 128 credits. At my school there is also a specialization in Information Assurance so I will definately do that! :D
  • Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    jaeusm wrote:
    Except most uni's do not accept credits from community colleges, and specially not major related credits.

I don't know of a university that does not accept community college credits. Where did you get this information?
    Agreed, not sure where you're getting some of your information. The University of Tennessee accepts direct 2+2 transfers from most of the 2-year associate degree grads for many of their majors. The University of Wisconsin has direct credit transfers with all of the 2-year technical schools. Even MSOE, yes the MSOE takes 2+2 transfers. University of Iowa takes transfers...I could keep going for quite a while here.
  • Options
    KSA - DegreeKSA - Degree Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanx all about this information i want to study in UMKC www.umkc.edu
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did a 2+2 program from Lorain County Community College to Kent State University. There was no problem transferring my credits.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan