Options

udp checksum ,and tcp windows

dani1999dani1999 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi i want to know 3 simple thing
1- on UDP , i heard that udp not always check the checksum , is it correct? why ? andif can i get Official source that say it

2) on TCP PDU there a windows value,
i not get if that say how many segment we can send befor we get ack , or if it number of bytes we can send before we get ack

and last thing
3) on TCP , if i send segment 3 4 5 6 and i get ack on 3 and 6 , i increase the cwind on 2 becuase i still not get DUPLICATE ACK ? but when i get the first DUP ACK i stop increase the cwind?

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Might be a good idea to get a book on Networking, sounds like to me you need to understand the basics of networking.
  • Options
    dani1999dani1999 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dani1999 wrote: »
    hi i want to know 3 simple thing
    1- on UDP , i heard that udp not always check the checksum , is it correct? why ? andif can i get Official source that say it

2) on TCP PDU there a windows value,
    i not get if that say how many segment we can send befor we get ack , or if it number of bytes we can send before we get ack

and last thing
    3) on TCP , if i send segment 3 4 5 6 and i get ack on 3 and 6 , i increase the cwind on 2 becuase i still not get DUPLICATE ACK ? but when i get the first DUP ACK i stop increase the cwind?

thanks!
    hi
    mybe but i will have test tomorrow and i need to figer out this 3 qustion
    thanks