Options

two days til CCENT

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Koodos! ...been spending a ton of time on subnetting.net

Been painfully watching Chris Bryant's videos, up to 96 today alone. I took a break every hour and leveled my priest for 29 to 49 today; yes I still play world of warcraft sometimes. Not like I used too though.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Er 2 to the power of 10. It's my starting point when going over 8, for calculating the amount of subnets/hosts in class B and especially class A addresses.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    I'm also using something new with my finger. I'm using them for my 8 bit blocks, helps me get subnetting done even faster. Able to do most subnetting under 20 seconds.
  • Options
    I feel like all I'm doing is review, review, review...
  • Options
    v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    I feel like all I'm doing is review, review, review...
    When is your retest? Keep it up, based on what you're showing us you're definitely improving
  • Options
    OK. I'm getting better and better at subnetting. been doing so much of subnetting.net lately to get speed on my side. Also I'm doing my best to get high number block sizes so I can remember the block count sizes.

I'm really liking the idea of using my fingers to count out block sizes and custom subnet masks. I just use the /8 / 16/ 24 as octet reference points and count upward from there. IE if it's a 172.16.x.x address I count from right to left for /25 to /32 and just add on from 256 to 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65546 mentally in my head once I find the custom mask with my fingers and vis versa from left to right for hosts.

just spent about 4 minutes doing these, spent more time making snippets that I did with the subnetting. I'm consistently able to do them under 30 seconds.

Been reading the Summary and Chapter reviews of Todd Lammle's book last night and just keep it to review and not chapter reading. Been doing the flash card too, going to do them lightly the next couple of days. Been reading a bit more into OSI and the 1st 3 chapters of Todd's book - just because sometimes I overlook the fundamentals even though I feel I know them.

Exam is Saturday @ 11am in Pittsfield, MA.
  • Options
    been reading chapters and flash cards on the sections I did poorly on from the last exam and I decided since I've been reviewing like crazy the past 5 days since I took my last Boson exam I figured I'd take it again..

as you all know I've been hounding subnetting.net so I'm doing my best to keep on top of my subnetting prep.

..now if only I can get this score on the real deal!

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Goodluck dude! Hoping to see your pass thread / post after your exam on Saturday!!
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice! Kill it on Saturday!
  • Options
    Not sure if this is just dumb luck but I'm really loving my hands for subnetting....

like for instance this question:

since the interesting octet is 24, and I know that each octet is /8, /16, /24, I just count from 24 down to the 8th bit in the 3rd octet which is /23. so I count: 23, 22, 21 which is 3 bits. 2^3 is 8. So I just do 24 + 8 = 32. 32 is the next subnet block range, so then the last address of the subnet 24 is in is 48.25.31.255 and that's the broadcast address.

Is this just something I learn on my own or is this something others have used and I just stumbled upon it?
  • Options
    Now I've just totally pawned the Exam C of the Boson in 60 minutes at work (slow day) ... off to subnetting.net for the evening, flash cards (again) and Todd's Chapter summaries and questions for the evening.

will do another practice exam run through tomorrow just to keep the troubleshooting of the exam fresh, but I feel ready. all I need is a 804!!!

• Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Now I've just totally pawned the Exam C of the Boson in 60 minutes at work (slow day) ... off to subnetting.net for the evening, flash cards (again) and Todd's Chapter summaries and questions for the evening.

are you doing the same exams again and again..!! by randomizing the questions and answers...
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    Nans wrote: »
    are you doing the same exams again and again..!! by randomizing the questions and answers...

I did Exam A, B, and C. all in order today at work.

Might try the randomizer now.
  • Options
    Here is the Boson Randomized.

• Options
    cool buddy. What i meant to say was since you have been taking this tests for some time now the answers might have been in your memory or subconsious memory what ever it is. So i dont want you to be too confident because of this exam and make mistakes in the real ones. :) No disrespect brother

I have been following you closely through out and i really wanted you to pass this time. Just making sure i give my suggestion. DOnt take it bad.

One more day til the judgement day which your gonna bombard it anyway

All the Best Bro..
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    Nans wrote: »
    cool buddy. What i meant to say was since you have been taking this tests for some time now the answers might have been in your memory or subconsious memory what ever it is. So i dont want you to be too confident because of this exam and make mistakes in the real ones. :) No disrespect brother

I have been following you closely through out and i really wanted you to pass this time. Just making sure i give my suggestion. DOnt take it bad.

One more day til the judgement day which your gonna bombard it anyway

All the Best Bro..

no worries brother, I'm mainly doing them over and over so I get the wording down cold and the simlets. Many of the Boson simlets seem like the real deal. icon_wink.gif

just making sure I know all of the show commands by heart that I feel will be needed so I'm making sure I hit every simlet a few times.....
  • Options
    I think one thing I'm doing tonight is just a quick read through my CCENT flash card book and then I'm passing out wicked early and sleeping for the whole night and really relaxing my brain...I've learned as much as I can honestly...
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    You taking the exam tomorrow? If so, you will get it this time! I am doing ICND2 on Monday and a bit nervous but ready to finish this part of the journey.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You have it for sure this time! I have all the confidence in the world for you. We should all learn from your perseverance. That in my eyes is worth more than any piece of paper. You can train knowledge, but you cannot train will and determination - both qualities you have for sure.
  • Options
    Well I'm listening to my last video on Chris Bryant's videos on Lecture 108, been watching the labs for the most part the past 4 hours after taking a 40 minutes nap after coming home at 5, I get out at 3:30 on Fridays.

Made a big pot of pasta to carb up for tomorrow, going to play some WoW for 20 minutes or so and pass out. Exam is at 11am and the drive is 1 hour and 9 minutes away will be leaving by 9 am.

Will probably do a quick boson exam in the morning and go from there. I'll either pass it or not; at this point failure doesn't phase me anymore just means I need to keep digging deeper and deeper into concepts (if that's even possible) - however at this stage some of you that did this 3+ times I give you credit cause I'll seriously be perplexed what more I can do if I don't pass...

Well that's it from me for tonight. good night peeps. icon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    Well I thought I almost slept without wishing you....Just remembered you have exam and woke up and here I am..

All the very best brother. You have done everything one could possibly do and you have put in phenomenal effort. I wish you will really pass this exam no i really think you will nail it and wish to see a 1000/1000 :D.

Don't take too much tension. And keep us posted. I will be eagerly waiting and I cant study until i see your post that much i have been following u'r thread.

Once again all the best :)
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck man!
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck man!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Ok, so I just did a all in review on boson, pretty good I think for 174 questions over 122 minutes.

off to the testing center I go in my Z28... my relaxation car! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Stevecb06Stevecb06 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man. Hoping all your hard work pays off.
  • Options
    CiscoWayneCiscoWayne Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck dude! Judging by your posts, you should nail it this time. icon_smile.gif
    CCENT [X] CCNA [X] CCNP Switch [ ] CCNP Route [ ] CCNP Troubleshoot [ ]
    Now working on CCNP Switch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would be surprised if I don't see a passing score this time around. 3rd time was the charm for me and I think it will be the same for you as well :) Best of luck today! When you see the Congrats screen all of your hard work will pay off if only you can take a screenshot of the Congrats screen lol
  • Options
    buddy post something > its really getting tense here..

god damn it why i am so freaked about ur exam ......
  • Options
    Well that's depressing...I failed......

Gotcha! ...I passed!!!

Operation of IP Data Networks: 67%
    LAN Switching Technologies: 82%
    IP Addressing IPV4 and IPv6: 100%
    IP Routing Technology: 79%
    IP Services: 100%
    Network Device Security: 63%

804/854!!!!!!

In you're face Cisco...

Now to go home and celebrate, then start reading ICND2 or read the Storage + book and bang that out before it's expiration in Jan. So I'm tossed. Kind of want to use KMastaFlash voucher and get that done with but on the flip side I don't want to lose the knowledge.

So many choices.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! That is what I'm talking about! I knew you were going to pass. I would jump into ICND2. The knowledge will stick with you better. Keep in mind though, Storage+ is retiring Jan 15 2016 so it is your call. Maybe you can study for both at the same time? And Storage+ will be a good for life cert and not a CE cert anymore.