Options

two days til CCENT

Comments

• Options
    Stevecb06Stevecb06 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome man! You must be on cloud 9 right now. Take a few days off to relax and enjoy yourself before jumping into the next one.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Job man
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Deathmage!
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! ICND2 has a lot of overlap with ICND1 however it's a lot more theory and I found it to be a much more difficult test. One thing you might want to do while taking the test is write down questions you aren't sure of on the white board. After the test but before leaving the testing room, study those and try to memorize them and get them written down in a permanent place ASAP. It's helped me every time I've done it, ever since my first wgu failed test a few months back. In my case there was a lot of questions repeated on the ICND2 retake and I probably wouldn't have passed on the retake without doing the aforementioned. The boson practice tests aren't very relevant to the real test unfortunately, maybe measureup or something else is more effective.

Cisco is in the process of updating CCNA and the current test is expected to be retired the first half of 2016. Is Storage+ really in demand? I don't recall ever seeing it in a job listing.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! We are proud of ya! I know you have worked hard and it paid off.
  • Options
    AlceoAlceo Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Job!
    Go straight for ICND2, I'm studying it right now and the fresh memories of ICND1 are a great help.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I got the Storage + book at home, ordered it last week. Going to open it up tonight and see what's in it. With VCP5-DCV still in my head and that having a frac ton of storage in it, it might be a quick read. I already know our EqualLogic SAN and backups very well. Might have allot of overlap.

But I'm going right into CCNA studying.

My friend told me to not stop and go for the CCNP. Problem is I so want ny VCAP5-DCA too. Not sure which one is harder to pickup after a few months of cold turkey on that content for studying....

Thoughts?

PS: love the testing center. They are a IT weekend-warrior boot camp for all IT certifications in Pittsfield, MA. Plus they use extra fine tip sharpies for erase boards. I crammed so much crap on that board today in those 15 minutes, loved it!

No more blunt sharpie creativity icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    I'd wait until after CCNA to decide whether you want to pursue CCNP, it could change your mind on cisco. I see you work with vmware daily, do you work with cisco? If not I'd think vcap would be easier for you to obtain and more beneficial career wise in the short term at least. You also have to find exactly where you want to be long term.

For instance, I'm a ccna with ms and vmware experience and having trouble moving into networking. MCP and VCP would benefit me much more than CCNA currently. Unless you're in the field you want to be in early in your career and can specialize I think it's beneficial to get entry certs in multiple fields to increase your chances on moving up. I do notice a lot of positions looking for MCSA+VCP so that's my next path after WGU.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    My friend told me to not stop and go for the CCNP.

If you want to go down that path, that is what I suggest. I would wait until you finish the CCNA to see if you want to go further. I migrated straight to CCNP studies after CCNA because the knowledge was fresh, and I am glad I did. There is just too much information there that is too easy to forget if you don't work with it every day.
  • Options
    Thing is if you don't have networking experience is a CCNP going to help any more than a CCNA? All positions I've seen looking for CCNP require years of experience and some special skills.
  • Options
    techfiend wrote: »
    I'd wait until after CCNA to decide whether you want to pursue CCNP, it could change your mind on cisco. I see you work with vmware daily, do you work with cisco? If not I'd think vcap would be easier for you to obtain and more beneficial career wise in the short term at least. You also have to find exactly where you want to be long term.

For instance, I'm a ccna with ms and vmware experience and having trouble moving into networking. MCP and VCP would benefit me much more than CCNA currently. Unless you're in the field you want to be in early in your career and can specialize I think it's beneficial to get entry certs in multiple fields to increase your chances on moving up. I do notice a lot of positions looking for MCSA+VCP so that's my next path after WGU.

@Techfiend and Mooseboost: yes I do deal with VMware more and Microsoft honestly than I do with Cisco. I have zero Cisco at my job. I'd love to work someplace with Cisco. I mean I have no problem hording like 2 more 3750G's (for a total of 4 of them) and a few more capable Gigabit routers like the 2800's for the home-lab and just plugging away at things. I don't think my 3550's and 2950's will be completely worthless past the CCNA.

However on the flip side I'm seeing more and more jobs wanting VMware + MCSA or a MCSE. Since I already got the VCP. I think I want to finish the CCNA; that's a given.

But the thought is CCNA: DC or MCSA next? - I mean would DC really benefit me for VMware network concepts or is it all theory at the CCNA level?

For now I'm just finishing up the R&S pursuit, but Security and DC seems very appealing.
    Thing is if you don't have networking experience is a CCNP going to help any more than a CCNA? All positions I've seen looking for CCNP require years of experience and some special skills.

That's my thought too, a CCNA:R&S and maybe a S and DC should be something I might focus on more than a CCNP since I got a feeling for me to really excel at CCNP level stuff I need to work with a network that has that kind of complexity something even the most elaborate home-lab can't full replicate.

My feeling is this, if I do S and DC I'm sure that prep and testing will build up to the CCNP: R&S. If anything more practice on Cisco Vulcan-based logic of their tests. icon_razz.gif

Some things are to be said about a few /23's worth of hosts on a network to really test out your network compared to just 30 in a home-lab; huge difference. 'Those pesky users that stream Pandora and Youtube during the day (aren't you suppose to be working) making us IT people wondering why network congestion is spiking' icon_wink.gif ... but no the second we block multimedia with content filtering were the anti-Christ! Pffffff!

On a side note I really found my tool of choice for subnetting: writing out the full custom masks, CIDR's and block sizes per octet and then using my fingers to count out the CIDR's along with the host/subnet sizes that go with them like 1024 is to /22, 2048 is to /21, 4096 is to /20, etc all while just remembering that subnets go-left-to-right and hosts go-right-to-left. On the exam today I got subnetting down to 15 seconds per question. I spent more time making sure the dam question wasn't a Vulcan mind-trick than I did using my brain. A few question I caught myself and said it out-loud - was the only one in the testing center - and I was like oo you tricky Cisco SoB's you almost got me!!!!!
  • Options
    If I were you after the CCNA pursue MCP and if you enjoy it MCSA. Then you'll have certs in all 4 fields. While I'd like to think certs dictates career, early on I'm getting the feeling it's the opposite.

I don't think CCNA DC or Security would help more than R&S without Cisco experience on a production network. CCNA Security is a boring study to someone who thought Sec+ was really interesting.

I'm almost at the point of putting CCNA sec/wgu on hold while I get MCP, it would benefit me more monetarily.
  • Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    COngrats Brother. You deserved it...!!
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    /facepalm.

Waiting for this Cisco account password reset for 22 minutes is getting old...

got my confirmation email from Cisco saying my mailer is being processed and a Congratulations. :)

• Options
    No time for relaxation, already pounding the books. Just got done with Chapters 1, 2, and 3 on the Storage + book by Nigel Poulton and Chapter 15 in Todd's book on STP.

I see what some meant about STP on multiple links on the 3750G's in the home-lab when i made that elaborate single area OSPF; tomorrow is labbing icon_smile.gif and more reading. I plan on stay on top of my studies this time around and no breaks, not with my learning tendencies. I'll take a break once I got CCNA and Storage + in the bag and meet my personal yearly certification quota. icon_bounce.gif

Getting the CCENT added a jolt to my energy banks with renewed determination and ambition.
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    I love this thread. Seeing you from start to end for CCENT. Please keep this updated, I enjoy reading the newly updated posts about progress!

Congrats on your pass bud!
  • Options
    Stevecb06 wrote: »
    I will be sitting for the CCENT the day before you. Hopefully we can both walk away with shiny new certs!

Looks like this was proved to be accurate icon_wink.gif
    Mow wrote: »
    That's my wedding day! Good luck!

I didn't forget or overlook your post; how did the wedding go?
    Congrats! ICND2 has a lot of overlap with ICND1 however it's a lot more theory and I found it to be a much more difficult test. One thing you might want to do while taking the test is write down questions you aren't sure of on the white board. After the test but before leaving the testing room, study those and try to memorize them and get them written down in a permanent place ASAP. It's helped me every time I've done it, ever since my first wgu failed test a few months back. In my case there was a lot of questions repeated on the ICND2 retake and I probably wouldn't have passed on the retake without doing the aforementioned. The boson practice tests aren't very relevant to the real test unfortunately, maybe measureup or something else is more effective.

Cisco is in the process of updating CCNA and the current test is expected to be retired the first half of 2016. Is Storage+ really in demand? I don't recall ever seeing it in a job listing.

Defiantly notice the overlap in the ICDN2 blueprints I just read and I'm liking the ICDN2 content now that I feel better knowing I got the fundamentals down - well sort of got a 854 out of 1000 so I'm not perfect!!!! - so I do think I'll still focus on my weak spots from ICDN1 before taking ICDN2.

As for Storage + I feel even though its not in demand, the knowledge is very useful for talking the Storage lingo beyond what I know from VCP5-DCV (plus knowing storage really well has its merits for a system administrator) and the certification just goes hand-n-hand for all things storage/networking/SQL/VMware/Backups and since I got the voucher why the hell not...what do I got to lose, a failure? ...those don't seem to phase me much now do they... icon_wink.gif

.............................................................................................................

Anyone see anything wrong with this email chain to Cisco. Sometimes emails like these just make me shake-my-head. I'm seeking my Cisco login password I sent for to be reset @ 3pm and I've yet to get the temporary password and this is the response I get. Sometimes I don't think people read....both solution they provide require a login.... yes a login...but with no password will that happen, geeeeeeee I wonder!!! crash.gif

her response 10 minutes later, you can't fix stupid I swear...the information she sends me is in the title of the 1st email in the 1st picture above.... icon_lol.gif

• Options
    If you have the Storage+ voucher then you have nothing to lose, it might be an interesting cert, kind of hit or miss with comptia.

I don't know if you saw any of my posts earlier but I don't think the Lammle book and Boson is enough to pass ICND2. It's what I originally used and failed and I'm generally really good with tests. The OCG is definitely the best resource for the test and is a lot more interesting than it's ICND1 counterpart.

Have you registered your email address with cisco?

If the address is incorrect or if you would like to use a different mailing address, login to the Certification Tracking System using the following instructions:

• Go to the Certification Tracking System at www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login (If you are a first time user to the Certification Tracking System, click on the link under "Register for the first time" from the home page.)
    • Once logged in, click the "Update Personal Info" link.
    • If your mailing address is listed incorrectly please correct it. Under this section you may also update your email address, and phone number.
    • Once you have updated your personal information click on the "Submit" button.
  • Options
    If you have the Storage+ voucher then you have nothing to lose, it might be an interesting cert, kind of hit or miss with comptia.

I don't know if you saw any of my posts earlier but I don't think the Lammle book and Boson is enough to pass ICND2. It's what I originally used and failed and I'm generally really good with tests. The OCG is definitely the best resource for the test and is a lot more interesting than it's ICND1 counterpart.

Have you registered your email address with cisco?

If the address is incorrect or if you would like to use a different mailing address, login to the Certification Tracking System using the following instructions:

• Go to the Certification Tracking System at www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login (If you are a first time user to the Certification Tracking System, click on the link under "Register for the first time" from the home page.)
    • Once logged in, click the "Update Personal Info" link.
    • If your mailing address is listed incorrectly please correct it. Under this section you may also update your email address, and phone number.
    • Once you have updated your personal information click on the "Submit" button.

OCG? - what's that?

Yup I've been registered, need to be to schedule the CCENT. They ended up escalating the ticket and her supervisor manually sent me the password reset email and whalla....
  • Options
    Official Cisco Guide, in this case Odom.
  • Options
    Official Cisco Guide, in this case Odom.

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Routing-Switching-ICND2-200-101-Official/dp/1587143739/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439121343&sr=8-1&keywords=CCNA+200-101

On a side note, just scheduled the Storage + for Sept. 26th, another Saturday. I find I study harder when I have a deadline. Failing the CCENT so many times really sunk that into my mindset that scheduling is half the battle..

Reading Todd's Deluxe book at-the-moment on 200-101 but will order the right OCG and use that too. My friends already think I'm estranged mind as-well just keep on learning. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Ok so since this thread is a hot topic, mind as well just post my question here with over 5400+ views I guess people read it. icon_wink.gif

A got a few questions in regards to RSTP, PortFast, BPDU Guard, and EtherChannel.

To start off I understand STP now more than I thought I knew, had no idea of the complexity that STP could do until I read Chapter 15 last night in Todd's book.

My main questions are really with the last 3 above. So PortFast, I take its really good to use on a port like say a DC/DNS server and a Edge Firewall that are both required for client hosts to get access to the internet and if they needed to wait 50 seconds that would be so angry people. So in a nutshell Portfast disabled STP on a specified port allowing for quicker convergence, correct?

BPDU Guard, this one seems to go hand-n-hand with FastPort in the sense that even though you turned off STP by using PortFast on that specified port, If I understand this correctly, you can still enable the BPDU Guard on the port in the chance some curious person plugs in a switch device on the last port in a 24 port switch to 'make' more connections or to get unrestricted access on the core to the internet on a laptop with a faulty nic on it, and the BPDU Guard will essential turn off the port automatically preventing a broadcast storm from taking down the network.

As for EtherChannel. This to me is essential 'bonding' but this is just the Cisco term. Curious though if I could setup a etherChannel uplink with say two Gigabit uplinks into a single group to also be a single group for a STP link to another switch? - on the flip side in Cisco if say a EtherChannel group of two Gigabit Cat5e was used if one of the links goes down would the etherchannel group still work on the other link?
  • Options
    Well I got the Etherchannel working between the 3750's, now to enable RSTP.

interface GigabitEthernet2/0/22
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet2/0/23
    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,35-37,100,300
    switchport mode trunk
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet2/0/24
    switchport mode access
    !
    interface Vlan1

3750G-Top-Right#config t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    3750G-Top-Right(config)#inter gig 2/0/22
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#sw
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport e
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport en
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport tr
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport trunk en
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport mode trunk
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport trunk all
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,35-37,100,300
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if)#
    3750G-Top-Right#config t
    *Mar 1 00:31:12.387: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by trevor on console
    3750G-Top-Right#config t
    3750G-Top-Right(config)#
    3750G-Top-Right(config)#
    3750G-Top-Right(config)#
    3750G-Top-Right(config)#inter range gig2/0/22 - 23
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#ch
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#channel-gr
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode des
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode desirable
    Creating a port-channel interface Port-channel 1

3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#
    *Mar 1 00:31:47.217: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/22, changed state to down
    *Mar 1 00:31:47.250: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/23, changed state to down
    *Mar 1 00:31:49.213: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Port-channel1, changed state to up
    *Mar 1 00:31:50.044: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/22, changed state to up
    *Mar 1 00:31:50.127: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/23, changed state to up
    *Mar 1 00:31:51.033: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Port-channel1, changed state to up
    *Mar 1 00:32:17.634: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr 4.4.4.4 on Vlan37 from FULL to DOWN, Neighbor Down: Dead timer expired
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#sh ether
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#sh ether
    *Mar 1 00:32:23.984: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr 4.4.4.4 on Vlan37 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#sh etherchn
    3750G-Top-Right(config-if-range)#exit
    3750G-Top-Right(config)#^Z
    3750G-Top-Right#
    *Mar 1 00:32:33.069: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by trevor on console
    3750G-Top-Right#show ether
    3750G-Top-Right#show etherchannel port
    3750G-Top-Right#show etherchannel port-
    3750G-Top-Right#show etherchannel port-channel
    Channel-group listing:

Group: 1
    Port-channels in the group:

Port-channel: Po1

Age of the Port-channel = 0d:00h:00m:56s
    Logical slot/port = 10/1 Number of ports = 2
    GC = 0x00010001 HotStandBy port = null
    Port state = Port-channel Ag-Inuse
    Protocol = PAgP
    Port security = Disabled

Ports in the Port-channel:

Index Load Port EC state No of bits
    +
    +
    +
    +
    0 00 Gi2/0/22 Desirable-Sl 0
    0 00 Gi2/0/23 Desirable-Sl 0

Time since last port bundled: 0d:00h:00m:53s Gi2/0/23

3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#wr
    Building configuration...
    [OK]
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#show ip osp
    3750G-Top-Right#show ip ospf dat
    3750G-Top-Right#show ip ospf database

OSPF Router with ID (5.5.5.5) (Process ID 1)

Router Link States (Area 0)

Link ID ADV Router Age Seq# Checksum Link count
    1.1.1.1 1.1.1.1 26 0x80000006 0x00FEB6 4
    2.2.2.2 2.2.2.2 1924 0x80000004 0x0059A8 5
    3.3.3.3 3.3.3.3 1936 0x80000005 0x00FFFB 5
    4.4.4.4 4.4.4.4 313 0x80000009 0x00577F 4
    5.5.5.5 5.5.5.5 314 0x80000009 0x002B92 4

Net Link States (Area 0)

Link ID ADV Router Age Seq# Checksum
    172.16.10.13 4.4.4.4 1923 0x80000001 0x008BB5
    172.16.10.17 5.5.5.5 1936 0x80000001 0x009997
    172.16.10.22 5.5.5.5 152 0x80000006 0x008F93
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#show cdp neir
    3750G-Top-Right#show cdp neigh
    3750G-Top-Right#show cdp neighbors
    Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
    S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone,
    D - Remote, C - CVTA, M - Two-port Mac Relay

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID
    2600-right-R3 Gig 2/0/20 125 R S I 2610XM Fas 0/0
    2950-Top-Right Gig 2/0/2 135 S I WS-C2950- Fas 0/23
    3750G-Bottom-Left
    Gig 2/0/23 146 R S I WS-C3750G Gig 1/0/23
    3750G-Bottom-Left
    Gig 2/0/22 146 R S I WS-C3750G Gig 1/0/22
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#show ip route
    Codes: C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP
    D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
    N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
    E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2
    i - IS-IS, su - IS-IS summary, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2
    ia - IS-IS inter area, * - candidate default, U - per-user static route
    o - ODR, P - periodic downloaded static route

Gateway of last resort is not set

C 192.168.106.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan300
    O 192.168.104.0/24 [110/2] via 172.16.10.21, 00:05:31, Vlan37
    5.0.0.0/32 is subnetted, 1 subnets
    C 5.5.5.5 is directly connected, Loopback0
    C 192.168.108.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan400
    172.16.0.0/30 is subnetted, 6 subnets
    C 172.16.10.20 is directly connected, Vlan37
    C 172.16.10.16 is directly connected, Vlan35
    O 172.16.10.4 [110/65] via 172.16.10.18, 00:05:31, Vlan35
    O 172.16.10.0 [110/65] via 172.16.10.18, 00:05:31, Vlan35
    O 172.16.10.12 [110/2] via 172.16.10.21, 00:05:32, Vlan37
    O 172.16.10.8 [110/66] via 172.16.10.21, 00:05:32, Vlan37
    192.168.115.0/26 is subnetted, 1 subnets
    C 192.168.115.0 is directly connected, Vlan1
    O 192.168.102.0/24 [110/2] via 172.16.10.21, 00:05:33, Vlan37
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#show ip rptocol
    3750G-Top-Right#show ip protocols
    3750G-Top-Right#show ip protocols
    *** IP Routing is NSF aware ***

Routing Protocol is "ospf 1"
    Outgoing update filter list for all interfaces is not set
    Incoming update filter list for all interfaces is not set
    Router ID 5.5.5.5
    Number of areas in this router is 1. 1 normal 0 stub 0 nssa
    Maximum path: 4
    Routing for Networks:
    172.16.10.0 0.0.0.31 area 0
    192.168.102.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
    192.168.104.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
    192.168.106.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
    192.168.108.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
    Routing Information Sources:
    Gateway Distance Last Update
    1.1.1.1 110 00:08:31
    2.2.2.2 110 00:08:21
    3.3.3.3 110 00:08:21
    4.4.4.4 110 00:08:21
    Distance: (default is 110)

3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#show protocols
    Global values:
    Internet Protocol routing is enabled
    Vlan1 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 192.168.115.33/26
    Vlan35 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 172.16.10.17/30
    Vlan37 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 172.16.10.22/30
    Vlan300 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 192.168.106.1/24
    Vlan400 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 192.168.108.1/24
    GigabitEthernet2/0/1 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/2 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet2/0/3 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/4 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/5 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/6 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/7 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/8 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/9 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/10 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/11 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/12 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/13 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/14 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/15 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/16 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/17 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/18 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/19 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/20 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet2/0/21 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet2/0/22 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet2/0/23 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet2/0/24 is up, line protocol is up
    Port-channel1 is up, line protocol is up
    Loopback0 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 5.5.5.5/32
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#
    3750G-Top-Right#

============================================================

3750G-Bottom-Left#config t
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config)#inter gig1/0/22
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#sw
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#switchport mode trunk
    Command rejected: An interface whose trunk encapsulation is "Auto" can not be configured to "trunk" mode.
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#switchport tr
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#switchport trunk en
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#switchport mode trunk
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#
    *Mar 1 00:25:30.870: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/22, changed state to down
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#switchport mode trun
    *Mar 1 00:25:33.898: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/22, changed state to up
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#$trunk allowed vlan 1,35-37,100,200,300,400
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if)#exit
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config)#
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config)#
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config)#exit
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#wr

*Mar 1 00:26:14.373: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by trevor on console[OK]
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ru
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show running-config

Current configuration : 4490 bytes
    !
    version 12.2
    no service pad
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    service password-encryption
    !
    hostname 3750G-Bottom-Left
    !
    boot-start-marker
    boot-end-marker
    !
    !
    username trevor privilege 15 password 7 094F471A1A0A
    !
    !
    no aaa new-model
    switch 1 provision ws-c3750g-24ts
    system mtu routing 1500
    authentication mac-move permit
    ip subnet-zero
    ip routing
    no ip domain-lookup
    !
    !
    !
    !
    crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-3292823680
    enrollment selfsigned
    subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-3292823680
    revocation-check none
    rsakeypair TP-self-signed-3292823680
    !
    !
    crypto pki certificate chain TP-self-signed-3292823680
    certificate self-signed 01
    3082024A 308201B3 A0030201 02020101 300D0609 2A864886 F70D0101 04050030
    31312F30 2D060355 04031326 494F532D 53656C66 2D536967 6E65642D 43657274
    69666963 6174652D 33323932 38323336 3830301E 170D3933 30333031 30303033
    34325A17 0D323030 31303130 30303030 305A3031 312F302D 06035504 03132649
    4F532D53 656C662D 5369676E 65642D43 65727469 66696361 74652D33 32393238
    32333638 3030819F 300D0609 2A864886 F70D0101 01050003 818D0030 81890281
    8100B412 4F6B22E6 BD5B0A1C 2A823971 379AA7F5 017DBC97 7687ECED A0BB2F4D
    A7165C08 3BF358BC 5581959C 3BA14E44 5E9C4901 88AC7A59 3FF50020 01433B33
    576BE7E0 52527C5D BC280489 65C8176C 3AD1622C A81E5C94 D62F065F BD5EC1B0
    8E9538DA DC8A61B8 299C9DB3 DA61A862 141F976C 66EA45CF 7C9A81AA 567CA865
    D7410203 010001A3 72307030 0F060355 1D130101 FF040530 030101FF 301D0603
    551D1104 16301482 12333735 30472D42 6F74746F 6D2D4C65 66742E30 1F060355
    1D230418 30168014 86CAA331 DD6EF110 4D73FD25 77DB155A 07831572 301D0603
    551D0E04 16041486 CAA331DD 6EF1104D 73FD2577 DB155A07 83157230 0D06092A
    864886F7 0D010104 05000381 81000D1A 2C255AB2 F443B733 D1D57461 64B2B62A
    EC7B0FD3 D4CF3209 8A732287 210917E4 D4B5EEF2 05D5B966 5319EABE C5E0ED4F
    BD4C6DF7 DE7AB64F CD522E71 CE610AEB 3A913C29 7873095B 6ECE265B 42A329FC
    E1C3E87A 8B1AEBC1 BE20F0C1 D23282A4 B176AE21 BA26B00F 35294D31 BF806369
    D04E5053 4B98E8EC 7530F6C8 E7F6
    quit
    !
    !
    !
    spanning-tree mode pvst
    spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig
    spanning-tree extend system-id
    !
    vlan internal allocation policy ascending
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface Loopback0
    ip address 4.4.4.4 255.255.255.255
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
    switchport mode trunk
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/3
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/5
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/6
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/9
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/10
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/11
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/12
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/13
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/14
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/15
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/16
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/17
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/18
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/19
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/20
    switchport access vlan 36
    switchport mode access
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/21
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/22
    switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,35-37,100,200,300,400
    switchport mode trunk
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/23
    switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,35-37,100,200,300,400
    switchport mode trunk
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/24

3750G-Bottom-Left#config t
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config)#int
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config)#interface ran
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config)#interface range gig1/0/22 - 23
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if-range)#ch
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if-range)#channel-gr
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode desi
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode desirable
    Creating a port-channel interface Port-channel 1

3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if-range)#
    *Mar 1 00:28:02.503: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/22, changed state to down
    *Mar 1 00:28:02.536: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/23, changed state to down
    *Mar 1 00:28:11.369: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/22, changed state to up
    *Mar 1 00:28:11.462: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/23, changed state to up
    *Mar 1 00:28:32.878: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr 5.5.5.5 on Vlan37 from FULL to DOWN, Neighbor Down: Dead timer expired
    *Mar 1 00:28:41.258: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr 5.5.5.5 on Vlan37 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done
    *Mar 1 00:31:51.319: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Port-channel1, changed state to up
    *Mar 1 00:31:52.325: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Port-channel1, changed state to up
    *Mar 1 00:32:20.586: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr 5.5.5.5 on Vlan37 from FULL to DOWN, Neighbor Down: Dead timer expired
    *Mar 1 00:32:24.244: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr 5.5.5.5 on Vlan37 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done
    3750G-Bottom-Left(config-if-range)#^Z
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show
    *Mar 1 00:33:08.888: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by trevor on console
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ether
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show etherchannel port
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show etherchannel port-
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show etherchannel port-channel
    Channel-group listing:

Group: 1
    Port-channels in the group:

Port-channel: Po1

Age of the Port-channel = 0d:00h:05m:15s
    Logical slot/port = 10/1 Number of ports = 2
    GC = 0x00010001 HotStandBy port = null
    Port state = Port-channel Ag-Inuse
    Protocol = PAgP
    Port security = Disabled

Ports in the Port-channel:

Index Load Port EC state No of bits
    +
    +
    +
    +
    0 00 Gi1/0/22 Desirable-Sl 0
    0 00 Gi1/0/23 Desirable-Sl 0

Time since last port bundled: 0d:00h:01m:27s Gi1/0/23

3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#wr
    [OK]
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ip osp
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ip ospf dat
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ip ospf database

OSPF Router with ID (4.4.4.4) (Process ID 1)

Router Link States (Area 0)

Link ID ADV Router Age Seq# Checksum Link count
    1.1.1.1 1.1.1.1 117 0x80000006 0x00FEB6 4
    2.2.2.2 2.2.2.2 66 0x80000005 0x0057A9 5
    3.3.3.3 3.3.3.3 86 0x80000006 0x00FDFC 5
    4.4.4.4 4.4.4.4 24 0x8000000A 0x005580 4
    5.5.5.5 5.5.5.5 3 0x8000000A 0x002993 4

Net Link States (Area 0)

Link ID ADV Router Age Seq# Checksum
    172.16.10.13 4.4.4.4 24 0x80000002 0x0089B6
    172.16.10.17 5.5.5.5 4 0x80000002 0x009798
    172.16.10.22 5.5.5.5 245 0x80000006 0x008F93
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show cdp neigh
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show cdp neighbors
    Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
    S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone,
    D - Remote, C - CVTA, M - Two-port Mac Relay

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID
    Switch Gig 1/0/2 170 S I WS-C2950C Fas 0/23
    3750G-Top-Right Gig 1/0/22 159 R S I WS-C3750G Gig 2/0/22
    3750G-Top-Right Gig 1/0/23 159 R S I WS-C3750G Gig 2/0/23
    2600-left-R2 Gig 1/0/20 159 R S I 2610XM Fas 0/0
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ip route
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ip route
    Codes: C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP
    D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
    N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
    E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2
    i - IS-IS, su - IS-IS summary, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2
    ia - IS-IS inter area, * - candidate default, U - per-user static route
    o - ODR, P - periodic downloaded static route

Gateway of last resort is not set

O 192.168.106.0/24 [110/2] via 172.16.10.22, 00:06:52, Vlan37
    C 192.168.104.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan200
    4.0.0.0/32 is subnetted, 1 subnets
    C 4.4.4.4 is directly connected, Loopback0
    O 192.168.108.0/24 [110/2] via 172.16.10.22, 00:06:52, Vlan37
    172.16.0.0/30 is subnetted, 6 subnets
    C 172.16.10.20 is directly connected, Vlan37
    O 172.16.10.16 [110/2] via 172.16.10.22, 00:06:52, Vlan37
    O 172.16.10.4 [110/66] via 172.16.10.22, 00:06:52, Vlan37
    O 172.16.10.0 [110/65] via 172.16.10.14, 00:06:53, Vlan36
    C 172.16.10.12 is directly connected, Vlan36
    O 172.16.10.8 [110/65] via 172.16.10.14, 00:06:53, Vlan36
    192.168.115.0/26 is subnetted, 1 subnets
    C 192.168.115.0 is directly connected, Vlan1
    C 192.168.102.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan100
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ip prot
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show ip protocols
    *** IP Routing is NSF aware ***

Routing Protocol is "ospf 1"
    Outgoing update filter list for all interfaces is not set
    Incoming update filter list for all interfaces is not set
    Router ID 4.4.4.4
    Number of areas in this router is 1. 1 normal 0 stub 0 nssa
    Maximum path: 4
    Routing for Networks:
    172.16.10.0 0.0.0.31 area 0
    192.168.102.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
    192.168.104.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
    192.168.106.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
    192.168.108.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
    Routing Information Sources:
    Gateway Distance Last Update
    1.1.1.1 110 00:09:23
    3.3.3.3 110 00:09:13
    2.2.2.2 110 00:09:13
    5.5.5.5 110 00:09:13
    Distance: (default is 110)

3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show protoc
    3750G-Bottom-Left#show protocols
    Global values:
    Internet Protocol routing is enabled
    Vlan1 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 192.168.115.32/26
    Vlan36 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 172.16.10.13/30
    Vlan37 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 172.16.10.21/30
    Vlan100 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 192.168.102.1/24
    Vlan200 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 192.168.104.1/24
    GigabitEthernet1/0/1 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/2 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet1/0/3 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/4 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/5 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/6 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/7 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/8 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/9 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/10 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/11 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/12 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/13 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/14 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/15 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/16 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/17 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/18 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/19 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/20 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet1/0/21 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/22 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet1/0/23 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet1/0/24 is up, line protocol is up
    GigabitEthernet1/0/25 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/26 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/27 is down, line protocol is down
    GigabitEthernet1/0/28 is down, line protocol is down
    Port-channel1 is up, line protocol is up
    Loopback0 is up, line protocol is up
    Internet address is 4.4.4.4/32
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
    3750G-Bottom-Left#
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Port fast does not disable STP, but is used to bypass the listening and learning states of the STP learning process, so when say a user connects up, they should have immediate connectivity to the network. You should not use this on links going to other switches. Why do you think that is?

BPDUguard prevents someone from hooking up a switch on the network and changing the location of the root bridge altogether. Or, if you don't want someone connecting a switch on a network period, you use BPDUguard. FYI this will also errdisable ports that have a computer simulating BPDUs as well.

As you know with STP, the whole point of the tree is you only have one link to any endpoint in a non-routed environment at any given time, assuming you're using STP. Port channels change the logical perspective to the STP calculations in that it appears as one link now rather than two (Even though physically it is two). FYI both links must be of identical speed/duplex when configuring this, otherwise it won't work. If one of the links go down, the port channel will retain its remaining links without changing the STP topology.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Port fast does not disable STP, but is used to bypass the listening and learning states of the STP learning process, so when say a user connects up, they should have immediate connectivity to the network. You should not use this on links going to other switches. Why do you think that is?

BPDUguard prevents someone from hooking up a switch on the network and changing the location of the root bridge altogether. Or, if you don't want someone connecting a switch on a network period, you use BPDUguard. FYI this will also errdisable ports that have a computer simulating BPDUs as well.

As you know with STP, the whole point of the tree is you only have one link to any endpoint in a non-routed environment at any given time, assuming you're using STP. Port channels change the logical perspective to the STP calculations in that it appears as one link now rather than two (Even though physically it is two). FYI both links must be of identical speed/duplex when configuring this, otherwise it won't work. If one of the links go down, the port channel will retain its remaining links without changing the STP topology.

Were in on the same page, I don't think it's wise to turn on portfast on a trunk cause that essentially negates STP purpose altogether. I mean if you turn on portfast on a uplink or trunk and you have a switching loop that switch with the portfast turned on on the uplinks/trunks would be pancaked in a heartbeat, it would be a perdy Christmas tree though... icon_wink.gif

Ahhh that's a better explanation than Todd did on BPDU guard, koodos!

As for STP and having only one link back to the root bridge from each switch I guess this is why you guys were all screaming about redundant links from each switch back to the core and then the core to the core router. It can be a very slow route back to the root bridge if you just have one link between switches. Let me explain my thoughts in the paragraph below, correct my logic if I'm wrong.

I mean to me it just seems logical cause if you set the root port say Switch 1 to Switch 2 on a solo gigabit link which has a value of 4 and then the link goes down. you need to find a different more costly route which in this example is a box of switches. To get to Switch 1 from switch 2 it would need to go from 2 to 3 over a fast ethernet and then from switch 3 to switch 4 over a gigabit and then from switch 4 to switch 1 over a gigabit so that would be a cost of 19+4+4 compared to the former cost of just 4. Not sure if the concept of hop counts still applies in this scenario, I mean it is a routing-n-switching exam, with the STP costs but in my head that is still 3 hops compares to the previous 1 hop.

As far as Etherchannel, so essentially assuming I understand this correctly once the group is made STP only sees them logically as one link and not more than one. If it saw it as more than one non-logical connection it would block one of the extra links.
  • Options
    That link to Odom is the OCG I wrote about. I think you are starting to see why Lammle's book just isn't enough for the ICND2. It's a good review for readers that already understand but it doesn't dive nearly deep enough for the test.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I mean if you turn on portfast on a uplink or trunk and you have a switching loop that switch with the portfast turned on on the uplinks/trunks would be pancaked in a heartbeat, it would be a perdy Christmas tree though... icon_wink.gif

Indeed.
    As for STP and having only one link back to the root bridge from each switch I guess this is why you guys were all screaming about redundant links from each switch back to the core and then the core to the core router. It can be a very slow route back to the root bridge if you just have one link between switches. Let me explain my thoughts in the paragraph below, correct my logic if I'm wrong.

OK, so this doesn't really have to do with redundant links. Remember that whenever a change is made in the STP topology, a TCN is generated (By any switch in the topology), but it is always sent to the root bridge. If you have a root bridge that comes off of the core, then that means whenever a TCN is generated, from a generic network hierarchy perspective, it will have to hop the link to the core and then the link down to the root bridge AND THEN make those two hops to each and every downstream switch (Unless it's daisy chained off of the root bridge). It would be somewhat suboptimal, eh?

EDIT: This is my logic based on a collapsed core. If it were a 3 layer hierarchy, then there's even more time in the TCN propagation.
    As far as Etherchannel, so essentially assuming I understand this correctly once the group is made STP only sees them logically as one link and not more than one. If it saw it as more than one non-logical connection it would block one of the extra links.

You're right on the money.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Indeed.

OK, so this doesn't really have to do with redundant links. Remember that whenever a change is made in the STP topology, a TCN is generated (By any switch in the topology), but it is always sent to the root bridge. If you have a root bridge that comes off of the core, then that means whenever a TCN is generated, from a generic network hierarchy perspective, it will have to hop the link to the core and then the link down to the root bridge AND THEN make those two hops to each and every downstream switch (Unless it's daisy chained off of the root bridge). It would be somewhat suboptimal, eh?

EDIT: This is my logic based on a collapsed core. If it were a 3 layer hierarchy, then there's even more time in the TCN propagation.

You're right on the money.

Koodos mate, thanks for the feedback. Onto the next chapter. just got done with RSTP on the OPSF home-lab.

However I may take a break and enjoy my weekend and be happy I passed one leg of the journey.
  • Options
    Sleep/Rest is for the weak and undetermined and non-ambitious folks; something many of you know as a fact I'm not. icon_wink.gif

With that being said, purchased this today!

Round 2!

• Options
    Just be aware Boson's ICND2 tests aren't very representative of the real test, like it was with ICND1. I'm kind of surprised you are spending the money on the same material you'd get at WGU. Do you have a plan with that?