Options

Need a group of CISSP passouts and currently pursuing people to interact with

Abhishek a.k.a BlackshielAbhishek a.k.a Blackshiel Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Irony with me is, i am not from a technical background (its my 5th year in business stream and i still regret choosing this) I feel i am made for Information security, So it started with some random interest a year back i started searching out on hacking this hacking that, downloaded proper operating system (backtrack was only compatible after partitioning my external hard disk so dont ask me why didn't you go for kali coz grub failed everytime). So started with hacking wireless networks of the neighborhood, watched some youtube videos and then i stopped everything and carried on with my last year of graduation. Now i have completed my Graduation in BBA ( business administration), and now im searching out options for the job/field with most scope. I searched CEH but then some CIO who has done all the certification suggested that CEH is really shitty and tool based, Cissp is the way to go so, I have downloaded 6th edition shon harris november 14 book but as i read the blue print has changed. Honestly i dont have the patience to give 6 months of studies , but HELL YEAH ANY FREAKING THING FOR MY PASSION. Any suggestions or recommendations whether i should persue or not any help would be great.
Sorry for my bad english!!

Comments

• Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not entirely sure you could subscribe to the ISC2 code of ethics, given your admissions of hacking.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Where's the popcorn icon when you need it?
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you do not have patience for 6 months study, then the exam would be tough for you...Then I think sitting 6 hours for the exam also may be tough for you..Patience is the key thing for the cissp exam..When you are giving the exam, after 50 - 60 questions, you may start to feel differently, so it is important to have that sort of patience to go through all the exam...I strongly recommend to spend 6 months for the exam..It is surely worth that patience..
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,232 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you can successfully hack ISC2 they will grant you the CISSP without taking the exam. Lots of people don't know this.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    I said anything for my passion i'd definitely give it my best, thanks for the reply all, i feel im ready for this!! :D
    Please connect me to already pass out people and currently pursuing i wanna learn from the experts if thats possible, and can you tell me i should join some institute or not, coz i searched out miel education and they are charging 1700$ for 5 days of learning :s
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Look through the forum and read the Pass threads.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    If you can successfully hack ISC2 they will grant you the CISSP without taking the exam. Lots of people don't know this.

Man! What a loophole! :)
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□

I can see it now. ISC2 site down because all of the n00bs trying to hack it. Hope it doesn't delay my application.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The tie-breaker for me would be to get riyan's opinion. Being fair and all.

Then again, he's probably busy gossiping over some clothesline with his mother-in-law or somesuch. icon_thumright.gif

- b/eads
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,232 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I said anything for my passion i'd definitely give it my best, thanks for the reply all, i feel im ready for this!! :D
    Please connect me to already pass out people and currently pursuing i wanna learn from the experts if thats possible, and can you tell me i should join some institute or not, coz i searched out miel education and they are charging 1700$ for 5 days of learning :s

If you believe you are ready, then I believe it too!

By joining this forum you are already connected to the experts, best in the biz, the bee's knees. No other institute needed. Read the CISSP passed threads, ask questions, or just hack ISC2 like I said. No charge involved.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    If you believe you are ready, then I believe it too!

By joining this forum you are already connected to the experts, best in the biz, the bee's knees. No other institute needed. Read the CISSP passed threads, ask questions, or just hack ISC2 like I said. No charge involved.

Man thanks for all this , but you really think i can do it and achieve my dream. I mean look at my education background and graduation..
  • Options
    grungeisevilgrungeisevil Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just a friendly reminder Abhishek, to obtain the CISSP title, you would need to have 5 years of working experience in at least 2 out of the 8 domains. A 4 year degree program will knock off 1 year of the requirement.

Should you pass the exam, without the necessary requirements, you can opt to become Associate of ISC2 and will be given 6 years to gather the working experience requirement.

If you're passionate about hacking, try checking out OSCP, it is apparently the hardest certification exam when it comes to penetration testing (the exam itself is 24 hours long!)

Really hardcore, but if you are up to the challenge, I say go for it.

All the best buddy!
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□

Thats not entirely true. This is the way it has to be done..............a blind SQL injection and insert your name and exam score in their database after which they will officially endorse you.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You all are violating the NDA talking about hacking websites lol
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hacking shows proficiency in all 10 domains... sorry 8!
  • Options
    Just a friendly reminder Abhishek, to obtain the CISSP title, you would need to have 5 years of working experience in at least 2 out of the 8 domains. A 4 year degree program will knock off 1 year of the requirement.

Should you pass the exam, without the necessary requirements, you can opt to become Associate of ISC2 and will be given 6 years to gather the working experience requirement.

If you're passionate about hacking, try checking out OSCP, it is apparently the hardest certification exam when it comes to penetration testing (the exam itself is 24 hours long!)

Really hardcore, but if you are up to the challenge, I say go for it.

All the best buddy!

Thanks a lot mate this site is great (y)
  • Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190