2»

Comments

• Options
    sj4088sj4088 Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless the position paid a couple of million I would of said no thanks. lol
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    Tom Servo wrote: »
    150% bump? Heck, might actually be worth the hassle for that. I was always under the impression public sector didn't pay very well. It sounds like you found the rare decent paying one, or you are insanely underpaid in your current role. That or I am very mistaken about the $$$ gov't jobs pay.

Well I am grossly underpaid. I never realized what I was actually worth until I started chatting with our external penn tester one day. I went through the hard way to get my knowledge. I didn't really have any certs besides A+ and Net+ for a very long time. I pushed my ways into things that weren't a part of my job role because they sounded fun to me. I guess I just never realized how much extra knowledge I had accumulated.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My data was stolen with the OPM hack, got the letter confirming it about a week ago.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    An update - I go in tomorrow for an in person background check interview. Then hopefully a job offer after that!
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Shdwmage wrote: »
    An update - I go in tomorrow for an in person background check interview. Then hopefully a job offer after that!

You mean you did all that and there isn't an offer letter yet?
  • Options
    FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Khaos1911 wrote: »
    So does the whole "E-QIP/background check freeze" means that people who just submitted sf86 and all the background stuff...say two weeks ago, will have to wait until the 6 weeks is up, just to resume your background investigation? Smh, I'll probably just stay at my current post.

Yes, I'm going through this.
  • Options
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    You mean you did all that and there isn't an offer letter yet?
    No offer letter yet. They aren't allowed to make an offer until the background check is completed by state law. Kind of stupid. Its because of the kind of post that it is.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
  • Options
    mackenzaemackenzae Member Posts: 77 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First I wouldn't trust our government with more than just my name as we all see in the news.. they can't keep anything secret anyway.
    Second I wouldn't fill that out until they offered me the job and it was pending on the background check.. No way would i let them run a full background check and have all of my info and then not offer me a job..