Options

Passed and I am now certified

t4echot4echo Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the OS today with a 702. :D I'm debating which cert I should go for next Net + or MCP. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Depends...but I would say Network+ because as an MCP you WILL deal with networking.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! :D

Do both!

But if you really really really want to do only one cert at a time, then I'd vote for the Network+ -- but, as always, you have to look at your current situation and options available.

How about a compromise, Network+ this week, MCP next week? icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Passed the OS today with a 702. :D I'm debating which cert I should go for next Net + or MCP. Any suggestions?

Congratulations!

What area of IT do you think you will work (or in what capacity do you currently work?)

CompTIA certs are nice as they are vendor neutral and apply to many general areas of IT

MCP indicates you have an interest in persuing the MS certification path, possibly MSCA, MSCE etc... is this what you want?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    t4echot4echo Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not sure where I eventually want to end up. I have been working the last 10 years in the manufacturing end of things and was looking to change career paths as I see that many of the manufacturing opportunities are going overseas. I've just completed a course in Computer Networking at a local technical school and have always enjoyed anything to do with computers/technology which dates back to my Commodore 64 days. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    You should do MCDST, is is a little bit of networking with Windows XP desktop support.
  • Options
    avxavx Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□

lol.. wow you scored exactly what I did.