Lx0-103/104

BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
I see a lot of people are still taking the 101/102 exam series instead of the 103/104. Is there a particular reason for this? I'll be taking 103 next week and I'm worried that there aren't a lot of reviews on it yet.

Comments

• LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Because a lot of people are still administering cent servers which aren't on 7.
    In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It could be because the 101/102 exams are still around to 30AUG. I was going to try and hurry and take these exams but I'll just wait until the new exam versions come out, then take them.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The new exam versions came out in April, but everyone's still taking the old one. I understand the need for a change over period for those who spent time studying the old material and what not, but considering the new one has been out for a while I figured I would see more people having taken it. I know I studied using new books, and the Linux systems I work with are kept up to date, which means I should hopefully be prepared to take a test on up to date material, not stuff from several years ago.
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think people feel more comfortable taking 101 and 102 because there is so much prep material for it.
    Few want to take the plunge with the new exams.
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just passed the 102. I don't want to be someone's guinea pig for a new test, and I think for WGU there isn't even an option for the new ones.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • stephenjakimstephenjakim Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After looking around, it doesn't seem like theres *that* much of a change to where it could alter your pass/fail based on that alone. If you know the material, it shouldn't be an issue
  • TampaITTampaIT Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My current WGU schedule is still for the 101/102 version (Semester ends 07/31).

Spoke to my mentor two days ago about all the changes, including CUV1 Web Technologies being dropped from the B.S IT Security program (YAY !).

Next month/semester (August 1st) they are converting to the new 103/104, which are my 1st two classes.
  • John EllisonJohn Ellison Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @TampaIT: I'm in the same boat. I'm doing 103/104 as my first two starting in Aug. at WGU. 103/104 is now through uCertify at WGU. So far, I find that uCertify is lacking in presenting the material. I would have preferred LabSim instead. In uCertify, you miss out on the lecture and demonstration video for each topic. I know it's important to perform hands-on with your own distro of Linux, but I think those videos from LabSim helped out quite a bit for previous certs. Good luck with your coursework!