$Experience$

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey VCP EXPERTS do you need to have alot of server experience to do the VCP-DCV exam. I plan to do the Mcsa but I can self study that so i am trying to do the more expensive course first. to get that out of the way. then do mcsa to supplement it. I already have some server experience with server 2012 so i think i should be able to do it.
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It is theoretically possible to pass the VCP-DCV with just book knowledge, but I wouldn't recommend it. Setup a nested vsphere environment on your PC and start practicing, or use the HOL from VMware if you can
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I plan to do that. thanks ! for the advice
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You'll have a much better grasp of vSphere if you have knowledge of the layers above and below - so server OSes and applications, and compute, network, and storage resources.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • MagnumRPMagnumRP Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Am I reading this correctly?
    Ohlone Colleg has VMware for $92?