Options

Need help to enter Security field

Abhishek a.k.a BlackshielAbhishek a.k.a Blackshiel Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
With a batchelor's degree in Business administration and background of commerce, i dream of entering into technology field of security. Looking forward to persue comptia sec+ (as an entrant certi) studies and finally giving exam for the same, will this get me a reputed job? What should i do? Am i going right? Are my qualifications appropriate for industrial needs? ( im from india ). What kindof job will i get.

Comments

• Options

Thanks for this but i hv seen even the entrant level certification requires experience in one or the other domain and i dont have it and being from a non technical student no one would take a chance on me so now what?
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Security+ doesn't require any experience but recommends like 2 years. With SSCP you can become an associate and work on getting the experience. You can get other certs like the MCSA to build background knowledge as well.
  • Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    What is your IT background? Are you just getting into IT? If so I would say finding an entry level IT job would be your first step.
  • Options
    sponge2sponge2 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Totally agree with Robertf969.

Get an entry level position in IT and decide what you like to do. Within the InfoSec field you have a wide variety of jobs you can do.

With your BBA and IT experience you could transition into IT Audit (with a CISA) and decent paying jobs which are always in demand.

If you like application security, start to learn programming.

Whatever you decide pick a field and start, its not going to be easy but you will reach your goal with a lot of hard work and a little patience.
  • Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stop starting new threads, you have asked the same question in different ways for the last few days. Make up your mind if you need to go into SAP or security.
  • Options
    sponge2 wrote: »
    Totally agree with Robertf969.

Get an entry level position in IT and decide what you like to do. Within the InfoSec field you have a wide variety of jobs you can do.

With your BBA and IT experience you could transition into IT Audit (with a CISA) and decent paying jobs which are always in demand.

If you like application security, start to learn programming.

Whatever you decide pick a field and start, its not going to be easy but you will reach your goal with a lot of hard work and a little patience.

Not the application security but ethical hacking information security, thanks a lot mate.
  • Options
    kdawoodkdawood Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone pls stop this guy named abhishek, last few days he is asking same question again and again in different posts,this guy is quite irritating.
  • Options
    kdawood wrote: »
    Can anyone pls stop this guy named abhishek, last few days he is asking same question again and again in different posts,this guy is quite irritating.

Haha i have nowhere else to go, and guess what ? Freedom of freakin speech XD
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are limits of course as to what constitutes: "Freedom of Speech", here and abroad - even on this board. I myself am exercising my right to to use the block function. - b/eads
  • Options
    Well i am not knocking on your door every morning asking for help its just a forum, i donno why u guys acting so ridiculous. Its just a forum, pfffft.
    I respect b/eads for all his achievements, well guess i'd stop now :s