Options

Prepping for CCENT

Stevecb06Stevecb06 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys and gals!

I am prepping to take the CCENT, and thought I would document my journey here.

I have been working as a PC tech for about the last year. I am hoping to move out of the end user support role and into the admin side of things, and thought getting my CCNA would be a good start.

I am currently reading Todd Lammle's book, and getting some CLI experience through Packet Tracer. I feel I am learning the material at a pretty good pace, but I know there are still some things I will need to brush up on before pulling the trigger and taking the exam.

I put more focus into learning config commands than show commands. I have been reading that show commands are very important in the ICND1 exam, so I will need to brush up on those. I also need to brush up on IPv6, although I am not sure if that will show up a lot on the exam or not.

I am hoping that within the next month I will be ready to schedule the exam. Any tips on studying and/or taking the actual exam would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    CagePotanCagePotan Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here you have a website that covers the content of the CCNA 200-120 exam: Study guide for the CCNA 200-120 exam.. There is a handful of CLI examples, hope it helps.
  • Options
    Thanks! They have a section just for show commands. That will prove to be useful.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    CagePotanCagePotan Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No problem, I'm glad you find it useful. Good luck with learning.
  • Options
    Was going to schedule my exam today, but after paying the bills this week I do not have enough money. Being broke sucks! Maybe next week!
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good work Steve, did you check out the free CCNA workbook OfWolfAndMan mentioned that is good and free?

If you need things in more depth I think Odom's book is excellent- also check out the Cisco website they are pretty good with documentation.
  • Options
    Fixed a couple of iPhones and got the money for the exam. Scheduled it for August 7th! I am both confident and nervous at the same time. This will be my first attempt at a cert and my first proctored exam in almost 10 years. I will be using the next 3 weeks to go over every exam topic and make sure I am sharp on each one. I'm pretty pumped!
  • Options
    One thing I would like to better prepare myself for are the simlet questions that will be on the exam. I do not have the funds to purchase Boson's practice exams. Are there any free resources that closely replicate the simlet type questions that will be on the CCENT exams?