Options

Does anyone have experience sitting for the CISSP-ISSAP exam?

cchisholmcchisholm Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am studying for the CISSP-ISSAP and C|EH exam for August-September 2015. I am a Project Manager for a Project Team that has a very larger Cyber Security piece. We are designing, installing and implementing a classified network for a DoD organization. Any information you can provide regarding the CISSP-ISSAP concentration would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Christopher C. Chisholm

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thats because the pay-off is little if not confusing outside of the inner-circle of CISSP members. That is to say it only confuses those without the CISSP and even then it only serves to confound anyone with a concentration. - b/eads
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I plan to study for the ISSAP once I complete GCIH and I was told to read the following:

Official (ISC)2 Guide to the ISSAP CBK, Second Edition
    Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK, Third Edition
    Shon Harris CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 6th Edition
    Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems, 2nd Edition

What do you think b/eads?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    I plan to study for the ISSAP once I complete GCIH and I was told to read the following:

Official (ISC)2 Guide to the ISSAP CBK, Second Edition
    Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK, Third Edition
    Shon Harris CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 6th Edition
    Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems, 2nd Edition

What do you think b/eads?

These are the best study resources for the preparation. I recommend to use cccure tests for practice..
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thank you Kukku!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    cperkins21cperkins21 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have my ISSAP exam scheduled for 28 July and I'm basically using the same materials listed above with CCCure practice exams over the applicable domains. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    cperkins21 wrote: »
    I have my ISSAP exam scheduled for 28 July and I'm basically using the same materials listed above with CCCure practice exams over the applicable domains. I'll let you know how it goes.

All the best....I too was planning to take it in August..
  • Options
    cperkins21 wrote: »

@cperkins21 - How was the exam ?
  • Options
    spk001spk001 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    FWIW, I took the ISSAP exam in June, and I used the official CBK book and Security Engineering as a primary study guide, along with some of Cryptography Engineering by Ferguson, Schneier & Kohno & a variety of stuff culled from the net. I really liked Security Engineering, and I expect I'll grab a paper copy as a reference eventually.

I'm trying to remember if it took me more than half the time allotted to finish - probably not that much. I didn't double check as much as I had on the CISSP and there was probably a certain familiarity to the process that helped, having just done CISSP earlier this year.
  • Options
    spk001 wrote: »
    FWIW, I took the ISSAP exam in June, and I used the official CBK book and Security Engineering as a primary study guide, along with some of Cryptography Engineering by Ferguson, Schneier & Kohno & a variety of stuff culled from the net. I really liked Security Engineering, and I expect I'll grab a paper copy as a reference eventually.

I'm trying to remember if it took me more than half the time allotted to finish - probably not that much. I didn't double check as much as I had on the CISSP and there was probably a certain familiarity to the process that helped, having just done CISSP earlier this year.

Thanks spk001 :)
  • Options
    hankhillhankhill Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it in February after attending the boot camp from Training Camp.
    I did not do any reading outside that.
    I finished the exam in less than half the allotted time. ( 125 questions only with 25 that are not graded)
  • Options
    hankhill wrote: »
    I took it in February after attending the boot camp from Training Camp.
    I did not do any reading outside that.
    I finished the exam in less than half the allotted time. ( 125 questions only with 25 that are not graded)

Thanks hankhill for the update. :)