Options

CEH Self-Study Questions

ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
Hello,

I would like to go for the self-study option for CEH. Is Desktop Support enough experience for the self-study application?

I am the Desktop Support lead and respond to security related incidents almost on the daily basis. I also work with the cyber security lead several times a week. Hopefully that would be enough experience? I have been at this position for almost 4 years now.

Will they need to call someone at my job to verify? If so, how long does it take for them to do that. The reason I am in a rush is because our contract my end soon so would like to get certified ASAP.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    How long is turn around time to be approved for the application?
  • Options
    Got approved already! I submited and paid application fee Tuesday night, and was approved at 8PM today, so that is almost exactly 48 hours. Woo Hoo! :c)

Now to purchase a book and start studying.
  • Options
    ArlixArlix Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    If you want the Matt Walker book for free let me know. I've been trying to get rid of mine but nobody wants it. Damn you CEH!
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    If you want the Matt Walker book for free let me know. I've been trying to get rid of mine but nobody wants it. Damn you CEH!

Hi Cyberguypr you seem to hate the ceh with a passion why is that? I've heard others go on about it too some good and some bad but you really hate it haha?

Also looking at your certs im currently doing the mcse private cloud then going for my security certs do you use your private cloud stuff at all?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My beef is mainly with the EC Council organization. But it's Friday so I'm not gonna go on rant mode.

IIRC I took private cloud because I had a free voucher. I touched this stuff in my previous job (sys engineer) but now that I'm on a security role I don't do anything remotely related to it.
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My beef is mainly with the EC Council organization. But it's Friday so I'm not gonna go on rant mode.

IIRC I took private cloud because I had a free voucher. I touched this stuff in my previous job (sys engineer) but now that I'm on a security role I don't do anything remotely related to it.

Cool thanks for answering my questions! I might swerve the ceh then as I'm sick of doing Microsoft and VMware type certs plus have been doing direct security stuff alongside my role for years now and it's time to cert up to match the skills.

I'm hating the private cloud I find it boring but work want me to et it for partner status
  • Options

Darn! Wish I had seen this earlier. Already ordered from Amazon. Thank you so much for your gesture and kindness! Really nice of you! I plan to study for 2 weeks for 8 hours a day then take exam.
  • Options
    RezardRezard Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hi I want it can you send me a copy?