A+ or Network+? Also desperately need an entry level job

vinzer3vinzer3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey I'm almost finished studying for the A+ Certification Test, but I was wondering is it better to get this or the Network+ Certification. I'm also really trying to find a place in the NY NJ area that is hiring entry level techs without certs so I can work my way up the ladder so to speak after I get one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My current job is working in digital marketing by the way. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would do the A+ first. That will help you get an interview for an entry level help desk or desktop support position. However, knowing what I know now I would start out with MCSA or CCNA.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Another vote for A+ to get started. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63