Options

Has anyone bought routers/switches from certificationkits.com?

PheonyxPheonyx Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm considering buying a couple routers and switches to practice CLI configurations on and was wondering if anyone else has bought devices from www.certificationkits.com and what your experience was like. were you satisfied? did everything work properly? My ICDN1 is a month away so I figured hardware experience would be in my favor, same with my following ICDN2 exam. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think a few of the members here have purchased from there. They are fairly overpriced but if you don't know what you are looking for they are a good place to get your first lab. I haven't heard any negative reviews other than the higher price. Clarson on the forums here also sells Cisco gear, you may want to hit him up.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recommend going on Ebay.

You can find all the same equipment for a better price.
  • Options
    digitheadsdigitheads Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They were too expensive for me - I have 3 2811 cisco routers, and 3 cisco 3550 switches - all from ebay, it was a lot cheaper.
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I have looked through their website to gather information, then went to ebay to buy all of my stuff, ended up being less expensive.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recommend going on Ebay.

You can find all the same equipment for a better price.

basically!
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    PheonyxPheonyx Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gotcha, thanks fellas!