CCNAS recertification

zachkenemerzachkenemer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am starting to re-study for the CCNAS to re-certify it for another 3 years. It expires end of september this year. I origially took the 640-553, before the update and I was wondering if anyone has password 640-553 and recertified with 640-554? What was the major difference in the exam? After reading some of the requirements, it looks like they are using ASA, CCP and some other topics that weren't covered in the previous version. I also heard the passing score was pretty high now? I can't remember what I got before, maybe around an 870 something. Any tips from old to new?

Comments

• HawaiiwaterboyHawaiiwaterboy Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Zack,

I just passed on Friday. the test includes material above and beyond the 640 554 official cert guide.

Additional ASA, CSM and knowing configurations on the CLI will be vital.

I failed the first time and had to expand my studies beyond the video series and cert guide.

There is discussion of a new CCNA Security test upcoming the end of this year so if you plan to take the 554, keep that in mind.
  • zachkenemerzachkenemer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, unfortunately, I have to take it before the end of September to keep my certs
  • NiviiNivii Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Hawai,

Do you have any suggestion for extra preparation? I have my exam i.e. 640-554, day after tomorrow.

Will it be too tough to make? Definitely i will concentrate more on ASA and Cisco Security Manager(CSM) but will appreciate your any help.
  • mj8mj4mj8mj4 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea guys .... should I pay for CBT nuggets ...is it gonna help ? any suggestions ?