Help I passed the 801 but I just failed the 802

dardonedardone Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just failed the 802 I don't wont to start all over again I just wont to study for the 802. I wasted a lot of effort
trying to remember things that weren't even on the test. there was not even one question about installations.
How can I concentrate my efforts for just the 802. I failed by 20 points.

Comments

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. Yes this kind of things happen unfortunately.
    Keep working at it and you'll hopefully nail it next time :)
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get the 802 objectives and study, study, study. The test is randomized so there can be installation questions the next time you to take the test.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    20 points is not that bad! Review the 802 objectives, watch the Professor Messer videos on the things you missed, and take some practice exams. You will do just fine next time around :)

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • dardonedardone Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used mainly the exam cram sixth addition,I watched all professor Messors vidios and all other information I could find.some of the questions I just couldn't understand,some could have more than one answer and some I just didn't see that information any were.
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    I believe most people will tell you to retake it immediately, especially if only failing by 20 points.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @dardone,

I am not certain I understand what you are trying to say with your OP. You failed the 802, but you won't take it again? If you do not take it again, you will not become A+ certified as both exams must be passed to earn the certification.

How much experience do you have with working with the material tested? The exams are geared toward candidates WITH experience and I believe CompTIA is targeting folks with about six months worth of hands-on experience.

With that stated, this does not mean someone without experience cannot pass the exams, it just means one needs to prepare a bit more thoroughly and is likely missing out on the exposure to make the exam content (objectives) have meaning.

Mike Meyers All-in-One is usually the text most use to prepare. You used Exam Cram, and this is good for folks with experience and who need a review or as a second resource to Meyers' or the Sybex text.

If I was in your position, I would download the objectives and review them. I would also compared my exam test sheet with the areas of weakness shown. You are very close to passing this exam and many, many members have or will eventually fail an IT exam. It happens and the sooner you learn to recover from this small set back (because in the scope of things, it is small, not to you right now, but it is small) you will be a better technician for the experience.

Which language did you take your exam in?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?