Options

Passed CCNA: Security

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
Passed my Cisco: CCNA Security exam this afternoon with a 959/1000!! I failed the exam the first time as there was a lot of new content I didn't expect to see on the exam compared to the blueprint I studied. So I studied constantly for the last month to prepare.

Study materials:

-CBT Nuggets videos
-Cisco CCNA: Security Study Guide
-TechExam study guides/notes

Common Security Threats - 86%
Security and Cisco Routers - 80%
AAA on Cisco Routers - 100%
IOS ACLs -100%
Secure Network Management - 100%
Common Layer 2 Attacks - 100%
Cisco Firewall Technologies - 78%
Cisco IPS - 100%
VPN Technologies - 100%

My focus will be less on certs and more on my degrees going forward icon_cheers.gif

Only Scripting and Programming and my Capstone Project to graduate at WGU
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Impressive score! Congrats!!
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats Zach!!!!! icon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Congrats Zach!!!!! icon_bounce.gif

Thanks buddy!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! This is a tough one to bank.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats Pr0ud of you Bro.icon_thumright.gificon_cheers.gificon_lol.gif God is good!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing!
  • Options
    tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Congrats on your pass. Great score!
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on your Capstone!
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Working on this one now too for WGU. When are you hoping to get done with programming & capstone?
  • Options
    EngRob wrote: »
    Congrats!! Working on this one now too for WGU. When are you hoping to get done with programming & capstone?

I'm hoping within the next few months so I can take a relaxing vacation in Japan. ;)

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I'm hoping within the next few months so I can take a relaxing vacation in Japan. ;)

Oh. So. Jealous. I've been wanting to go to Japan since I was 12. Congrats on the pass. That is an amazing score.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Oh. So. Jealous. I've been wanting to go to Japan since I was 12. Congrats on the pass. That is an amazing score.

Yea I'm excited to be going especially for the Tokyo Game Show. :)

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Great job bro, good luck moving forward!!! Yeah, I've been doing a lot of PostgreSQL queries to build that as a skillset and I've been learning more about Python as well.

I'm in the process of making a Steganography program that encodes text into an image :)

Cheers bro!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone good luck to all in your studies!! icon_cheers.gif

• Options
    HawaiiwaterboyHawaiiwaterboy Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bravo on the pass!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Passed two days ago!!! weeee
  • Options
    IggI_SupremeIggI_Supreme Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man

thats my next cert im looking to pursue... did you just use the nuggets and books or did you have a mini lab set up to?
  • Options
    Congrats Man

thats my next cert im looking to pursue... did you just use the nuggets and books or did you have a mini lab set up to?

Mostly study guides, certification study guide book, CBT Nuggets. I don't have space unfortunately for a dedicated lab however I did use GNS3 to practice network simulations. Gaming room takes up that space lol.. ;)

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You slayed that dragon! Level up! lol
  • Options
    Achievement unlocked C-C-C-Combo Breaker!! :)

• Options
    Up-down-left-right-left-....etc. Lol.
  • Options
    Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start. ;)

• Options
    zachkenemerzachkenemer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice job, dude. I am trying to re-certify my CCNAS after 3 years. I had passed the 640-553 version, but now it seems a bit different. After I passed the first time I went and finished my bachelor's degree while working full-time. So now I have until end of September to re-certify. Was everything done via CCP for security like VPN or ASA configuration?
  • Options
    Nice job, dude. I am trying to re-certify my CCNAS after 3 years. I had passed the 640-553 version, but now it seems a bit different. After I passed the first time I went and finished my bachelor's degree while working full-time. So now I have until end of September to re-certify. Was everything done via CCP for security like VPN or ASA configuration?

You definitely need to know CCP well for simulations. ;)

• Options
    nabz0rnabz0r Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Dakinggamer87, first of all congrats on your achievement. Very well done. Second of all, is that true that exam contains stuff not mentioned in OCG? I am preparing and what I heard and read in the Cisco Community discouraged me ALOT. How did you think the exam overall was? Was there stuff that you didn't read before? What was the extra material did you read the second time except the OCG?

I'd really appreciate it if you share your experience with me/us, and thanks a million in advanced!
  • Options
    I had heard from some forum members that they had added some new content to the exam before I took it. So, I did some extra research and compared it to the original and the revised Cisco blueprint to study any topics that were added/removed. I focused a good amount of time on the CCP suite and on firewalls to prepare. ;)

I mainly took it only because it was required by WGU for my degree. However, I found the information useful on the topics of security. ;)