Options

Passed CCNA: Security

2»

Comments

• Options
    zachkenemerzachkenemer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the 640-554 and failed it. I also felt like there were topics that weren't covered in the guide or videos. What topics did you find or how did you find them when comparing the current cert and the new one? It seems confusing that new objectives would be applied to a current exam.

I used Official Cert guide, CBT nuggets, Packet tracer, VIRL for CCP and ASA labs, and Pearson exam simulator that came with guide.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To be honest I would have to go back and look at the objectives been awhile since I took the exam. icon_lol.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    NiviiNivii Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear Dakinggamer87,

Can i have your email id? I have some questions regarding CCP in exam.
    Please can u provide me as soon as possible coz i have exam day after tomorow.

Thanks!
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats EngRob! Trying to bust this out soon too!
    Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start. ;)

Konami Code is magical! Now back to Contra...
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats, I need to pick this one up at some point. Is this the new or old exam?
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    bharvey92 wrote: »
    Congrats, I need to pick this one up at some point. Is this the new or old exam?

This was the old exam - 640-554 - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    xdfeverxdfever Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start. ;)

congrats.

and i believe it is up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right,B,A, Select, Start
  • Options
    xdfever wrote: »
    congrats.

and i believe it is up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right,B,A, Select, Start

Yea I was off by one command lol..

• Options
    xdfeverxdfever Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im new to this site and i was trying to PM you but i do not see an option for that
  • Options
    xdfever wrote: »
    im new to this site and i was trying to PM you but i do not see an option for that

I will send you a PM via LinkedIn so you can message me from there if you have any questions. ;)

• Options
    openallnightopenallnight Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good job!!!

Did the CBT nuggets come in very handy? Reason I'm asking is that video is for the old exam and I thought about viewing it but wasnt sure if it would be very relevant and what parts, if any, to skip.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    good job!!!

Did the CBT nuggets come in very handy? Reason I'm asking is that video is for the old exam and I thought about viewing it but wasnt sure if it would be very relevant and what parts, if any, to skip.
    Thanks.

The CBT Nuggets videos were very resourceful and handy in preparation for the exam. I did have to seek study guides as the content blueprint of the exam changed slightly with some new topics that WGU didn't cover or have much information on certain topics.

• Options
    hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Congrats on the pass. In your opinion, in regards to difficulty, how does CCNA: Security stack up against CCNA: Routing and Switching?
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Options
    hannism wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. In your opinion, in regards to difficulty, how does CCNA: Security stack up against CCNA: Routing and Switching?

I found the CCNA: Security harder only because of the score threshold to pass it. As far as the content going back to your original question I found it easier personally. The CCNA was tougher only because I was new at that time to networking so I had more information to retain and learn through books and labs.