Options

Return of MS Second Shots

Microsoft is doing free second shots again:
https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/second-shot.aspx

[h=1]Act now to get a free Second Shot[/h]For a limited time, take any Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam, and get a free retake if you don’t pass!

[h=3]How do I get my free retake?[/h]When you schedule and take an MCP exam between July 12, 2015, and January 12, 2016, you are eligible for a free retake if you don't pass on your first attempt. You have 30 days from the date of the failed exam to schedule a retake. To schedule your retake, click the Sign in link in the upper-right corner of this page and sign in with your Microsoft account, select your exam from the exam list, and then click Schedule now for free.

--
“Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
2015 Goals: [] 70-410

Comments

• Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alright! MCSA here I COME!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is great. I'm studying for the 70-410 and rest of the MCSA Server 2012, so hopefully between this and employer reimbursement for a pass, my net cost is $0.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It seems that this "limited time" offer is getting pretty common, they should just keep it permanent. Last time it stopped was May 31st I believe, it hasn't even been 2 months.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you!

I was just thinking about upgrading my MCSA to the 2012 track.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    exdesexdes Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing. i guess i will work on my MCSE now.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    That's awesome! The second shots definitely make it worth attempting the exams.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    When second shots are out I use the first attempt as my practice test, and then study hard on my lower scoring portions and retake.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Sweet! Time to knock out this MCSA: 2012.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Shdwmage wrote: »
    When second shots are out I use the first attempt as my practice test, and then study hard on my lower scoring portions and retake.

Agreed. That's what I did at WGU since we get free retakes.