Options

200-120 vs 100-101/200-101

yasina2990yasina2990 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I have just passed my Network+ about 2 weeks ago and am looking for the next certification. I have some very little troubleshooting experience on the job but no networking or any further than simple help desk type stuff. I am going to begin studying for the CCNA.

Would you recommend I take the 2 part exams as a new comer to Cisco testing and having not much experience or attempt to pass it all in the 200-120? How long do you think it could take someone with my experience to study and pass the CCNA? I have access to packet tracer labs but no reading material as of yet.

Thank you for any response as I am sure this question has been asked millions of times

Comments

• Options
    Stevecb06Stevecb06 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe the only one that can answer this question is yourself. Personally I don't think one way is any better than the other. I am choosing to take the 2 exam route just because I feel that splitting it up will make it easier to focus on each half and make it more manageable. However, if you are hours away from a test center and feel like you can slam dunk it and take the single exam, you may as well and save yourself the added trip. Do what feels easiest for you!
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    I went for the two separate exams. I would say unless you're working with the technologies everyday it means it's a lot easier to remember the content at the point of exam.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did the two exam route, also. I felt it would be a better route for me. I was right, since I passed both on my first sitting. Of course, this was 7 years ago or so...
  • Options
    yasina2990yasina2990 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the advice I will probably end up taking the 2-part exam. Today officially starts study time hoping to take the exam in 4-6 weeks
  • Options
    madeskjetmadeskjet Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How much time do I need to exam 100-101 or 200-101?
    I passed course (no certified) CCNA 640-802 a few years ago.
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    I spent around 100 hours or so at a slow speed, it took me 4 months to pass - I'm currently going after the 200-101 exam and soon will book the exam, I have spent around 70 hours so far and I am feeling comfortable with the content.

It takes time to grasp the concepts, you may pick STP up quicker way faster than anyone else. Everyone's different! :)
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle