Options

Google and Mozilla have disabled Flash

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
After the exposure of The Hacking team's material and vulnerabilities they were exploiting, Google and Mozilla have disabled Flash. No wonder i was receiving all these messages, at some point I thought something is wrong with my machine.

Google, Mozilla Disable Flash Over Security Concerns - Digits - WSJ

Comments

• Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unfortunately there are still a number of websites still using flash.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Flash is going to need a major overhaul. Sad
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    There are so many other technologies available these days that flash needs to die, they had a good run, they have brought a lot of content to the world, but it is time to move on to something better. If I am not mistaken, I believe I read a message this morning that Facebook has also disable flash.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What! no more 60 second Flash intros that you can't skip? How will the world cope!

As a side note...was Flash this bad prior to Adobe buying Macromedia? This is just another thing Adobe has to deal with. Reader is another product that is terribly bug laden and insecure. it seems to me that Adobe needs to be more security minded as this is a constant problem.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”