Options

LX0-103 Passed

2»

Comments

• Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    With no experience I'd put the ccna and linux+ tests in this order of easy to difficult: ICND1 > LXO-103 > LXO-104 > ICND2. I found cisco questions a bit more cryptic then comptia's but microsoft is by far the most cryptic I've experienced.

Linux+ test didn't ask for many command line flags but it is mostly command line, it's the way most admins/engineers use linux. Also allowed to get many more questions wrong and still pass on Linux+ compared to Cisco tests.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    OppaOppa Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

Just FYI:

Passed the 2nd Exam on November 10 via Comptia:

Received the following 4 Certifications.
    *NOTE You must sit Comptia Exams to get all 4 Certs.

- CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI)
    - LPIC-1: Linux Server Professional
    - SUSE Certified Linux Administrator (CLA)
    - SUSE 11 Tech Spec

*Study Materials used: Video : CBT Nuggets LPIC1/Comptia & PluralSight LPIC1

* Text Books used:
    - Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification - 4th Edition
    - Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible (3rd edition)
    - The Linux Command Line, Second Internet Edition, William E. Shotts, Jr.[h=1]- CompTIA Linux+ Powered by Linux Professional Institute Study Guide: Exam LX0-103 and Exam LX0-104 , 3rd Edition[/h]
    Hope this helps.

Best of Luck, it is really worth the effort.
  • Options
    prashanthr2prashanthr2 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

I have a quick question to the guys have already taken lx0-103 exam. I have exam scheduled on 23 Dec and was attending few practice tests on some websites ( which are for lx0-101 and 103). Can somebody please confirm if lx0-103 has any questions related to Desktop configuration in linux? COmptia website says this is part of lx0-104 however I see queries related to Desktop Managers in the practice tests for lx0-103
  • Options
    NiviiNivii Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello techfiend, how many questions you practiced for LXO-103? i am planning to take it soon.
  • Options
    NiviiNivii Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello prashanthr2,

i have also scheduled the exam on same date. Can you tell me what material you are using? i heard the exam is easy.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    100's through WGU but now that I've graduated I have no access to it. It's difficult for a comptia test even if you are pretty comfortable with linux. There's some unusual questions that linux pros likely wouldn't know without studying. I don't think it'd be much more difficult to take both tests on the same day, there's a lot of overlap. Good luck!
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was surprised at how hard this test was "for a CompTia test", personally, as someone with occasional Linux experience in the past. Some of the content didn't seem to be the run of the mill every day tasks/commands that would be commonly used.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's not a CompTIA test, it's an LPI test. I don't believe that they had anything to do with its creation. That's likely why folks are running into some issues - the QA for CompTIA tests has gotten progressively much better and the process of peer-review is extensive. LPI may not have the same process when building their tests.
  • Options
    quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    lovejoilovejoi Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Guys

Is there any news from persons who passed LXO-103 for last period. Waiting any cooments
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • Options
    GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
  • Options
    thehallofshieldsthehallofshields Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any VIM required?
  • Options
    itechankititechankit Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BlackBeret wrote: »
    I took and passed it almost a week ago, and I just wanted to mention some things here since I've used this place for a lot of my study ideas. I passed, but with a 570, that's the closest I've ever been to failing a cert exam and I was not confident throughout the test. I was glad to pass, but I was unprepared for it. I read part 1 of the newest Sybex book that should have covered the 103 exam, and watched all of the Skillport videos for 103. I've also used Ubuntu at home as my desktop for a few years now. I went in to the exam feeling extremely confident, I hadn't encountered a lot of new material throughout the book and videos, but I did learn some things.

The exam itself was much more difficult and covered a LOT of things that were never mentioned in the book or videos. Some of it I knew from being a Linux user, some of it I made guesses at and went home to research. There were a couple that made no sense to me, and one or two that seemed to have the wrong syntax in all of the answer choices. I guess I should've listened and taken the older exam series instead of playing with the new one that might not be quality controlled yet.

For those taking it in the next 6 weeks, take 101/102. For those taking 103, get something other than the Sybex book for this one. Usually for exams I get one good book and learn it cover to cover, that didn't cut it this time. If other people have had better experiences and I just didn't know as much as I thought, feel free to verbally abuse me and get me to study more for the 104 :).

Hello,

I have posted in forum for LPIC exam.I am also considering comptia linux+.I am new to online certifications.Can you guide me the whole process in simple words.
    Can i do self study and than register for Comptia LX0-103?And is exam tough?